Looking Back Are You Satisfied At The Timing Of Your Departure From The Organization?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Should you have left earlier? Was the timing of your departure right for you??

• cantleave
    cantleave

I wish I woke up decades before I did.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

When I dropped meetings at 17 yrs old the first time around, I'd say it was good timing. I wish the hell I knew some real dirt about the GB and the Elders before I ended up returning to the Borg ten years later...

V665

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I wish I had left earlier than I did (I left at 25) but, in hindsight, I'm just really happy I left before I got married and had children.

• minimus
    minimus

I wish I could've left earlier but with certain family considerations it was almost impossible to do but the last couple of years I really hated being an elder.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Wish I left earlier, I would have done a lot more with my life, still better late than never.

• minimus
    minimus

I read COC in the lates 80s and it didn't fully register. I needed deprogramming. My ENTIRE family were/are in the religion.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wish I figured out that I didn't belong there before baptism. I could have lived with getting all involved with JW's for awhile then walking away from the baptism group and saying "Nevermind."

• factfinder
    factfinder

I wish I had left much earlier, especially in 1986 when I saw so much wrongdoing on the part of the elders.

Of course i wish I had never began!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I wish I had never set a foot in a kingdom hall after my first visit as a 17 year old in 1976. My sister bribed me into going by buying me this ugly green polyester pants/striped blouse/matching sweater outfit. *Sighhhhhh* I hate the WTB&TS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit