'great crowd' are in the temple (naos) but not in the new covenant???

by fukitol 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 88JM
    88JM
    They couldn't afford the wine bill
  • TheListener
    TheListener

I think in the typical witnesses mind the order goes publisher - governing body - jehovah. Jesus is someone that lived a life on earth that we should imitate and he will be used by jehovah to accomplish his will but he isn't really viewed as the active head of the congregation. The gb knowledge and guidance comes from jehovah through his holy spirit.

I don't believe the gb will ever do anything to jeopardize their power over the rank and file. That includes promoting jesus and his role in christianity. I saw the 2015 regional convention program on another thread and completely believe that all the jesus talks are a smokescreen for actually talking about jehovah.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    I see the 144,000 and the Great Crowd as synonymous - but being presented in two different time periods and from two different perspectives: The 144,000 earthly, pre-trib, divinely viewed (144,000 identified symbolically being perfectly symmetrical; the GC post-trib, heavenly, rejoicing, seen from a human (John's) perspective. It is through much tribulation that Christians enter the Kingdom. The hearing and then seeing sequencing is used often by John in Revelation as a literary devise to present seemingly contradictory images. e.g. He hears a lion and then turns and sees a lamb.
  • prologos
    prologos
    Vanderhoven7an hour ago
    I see the 144,000 and the Great Crowd as synonymous . no, how about the great crowd being synonymous with the twelve tribes the 144 000 come out of?
    just remarking, not endorsing any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit