I won't let My Children Trick or Treat because...

by little witch 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• White Dove
    White Dove

No on FB. I can't put any incriminating photos on it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

No on FB. I can't put any incriminating photos on it.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'll still think about the phone #/email thing... I'll sleep on it.

LOL @ elderelite.

V665

• White Dove
    White Dove

I don't want to invade anyone's privacy. I was just trying to think of the easiest way to send a picture that won't get me busted.

My boy let it loose to my family that Egg and I are into the occult, and we have been asked by them if we are.

Of course, deny deny deny. None of their bizz.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

No WD. I think you are quite likeable...

V665

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

We're going to Trunk or Treat at a church nearby on Halloween. It'll cut down on all the walking I would have to do...I was worn out last year.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Charles Taze Russell died Halloween night. Was it a satanic ritual?

According to the Satanic Calendar Halloween, October 31st is a night for Human sacrifice. (31 All hallow's Eve (Halloween): One of the two most important nights of the year. Attempts are made to break the bond which is keeping the doors to the underworld closed. Blood and sexual rituals. Sexual association with demons. Animal and human sacrifice - male or female.)

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/halloween_deaths.htm

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My kid's going for the first time ever and then we're going to a party. Yay freedom!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is just one legitimate reason to not let your children trick or treat: It's too dangerous. And by dangerous, I mean the neighborhood is so bad that you or your children are as likely to be hit by a gunshot meant for someone else as to get a piece of roach infested candy. I don't mean by "too dangerous" that there are likely to be razor blades in the candy (the chances of that are extremely low, and you can easily tell what could be tainted with razor blades).

In a regular year, traffic is the biggest danger in trick or treating. As long as the candy is all wrapped in its original wrapping or you trust those handing it out, chances of getting bad candy are very low. You are much more likely to get hit with a car than to get a bad piece of candy if you are reasonably careful. Wearing reflectors and lights is always a good idea--these days, LED flashers are easily available for around $20. And children need to be careful when crossing the street, since that's when most of those accidents happen. And drivers need to pay attention, particularly between 4:30 and 9 PM when trick or treaters are likely to be out. (Meaning, no drinking and driving).

And, there is no threat with handing out candy. If you hand out good treats (and by good, I mean in good condition and not tainted), you are helping to make a good name for Halloween. Hand out your wrapped treats, and even things like baked goods (leave the damn razor blades out, or you can expect some serious jail time). Put a big light show around your place (LED lights use 90% less electricity than regular bulbs), and even include a few battery operated spooky things (those drop-down spiders are great). And, you can enjoy the show during that night. Just remember, once you run out of treats, to turn out the lights unless you intend to continue doing light shows with the "Sorry, out of treats" sign displayed.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I think Halloween is a healthy part of growing up because it takes things that are usually scary and after a while it doesn't make them scary any more. It helps us with acceptance and deals with a part of life that we may all be afraid of (death) and it make's it numbing so that its easier to deal with.

This will be my 6th time dressing up and trick or treeting, my son (3 years) will be Darth Vador.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit