I won't let My Children Trick or Treat because...

by little witch 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• little witch
    little witch

It is Pegan in origin. (but I worship magazines made from trees)

It is begging (but I knock on doors with a dumb spiel nobody wants to hear, in hopes of soliciting a few coins)

It gives glory to the devil (but yard sale items have demons attatched to them, and every good witness knows that fear=respect)

Halloween is a seasonal holiday, and seasons should not be celebrated...OK...Define "celebrate" ....Isn't that what jw's do when they canvas on holidays, Memorial Day in the cemetary, leaflets placed just near Easter for passover...Isn't that "paying attention to special days"?

C'mon now...doubters, take your kids out for a fun night this year, just for giggles...

LW

• moshe
    moshe

I think Halloween helped my kids see that the WT was full of poo-poo. They did manage to sneak out and do some trick or treating with kids from school, right under their mom's nose, but then maybe she only pretended to not know what they were up to. My daughter was 12 and was living with me from Sept- Dec that year (2nd year after our divorce) and yes she went out and had fun trick or treating with the kids. She made sure her younger brother got in on the fun the following year when she was back with her JW mom. Nothing bad happened, no demons appeared, it was all fun. My daughter makes sure her kids have some Halloween fun, too.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Can't wait.......................

My little girls has a black cat outfit

My son hasn't decided

I'm going as Ozzy Osbourne - he is the prince of darkness afterall.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I don't give a crap... For me everyday is halloween...

V665

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

Im 38 and love dressing up...never did as a kid. I used to sneak a peek out the front window and watch all my school friends play and trick or treat. I was always wanting to be involved. So now, after I'm too old to trick or treat..my husband and I hand out candy and then go to the local bar and join in the costume contest. It's a blast. Just have fun with it. If my mother knew she'd be sooo angry with me. I just do not tell her. I can't wait to have a baby then I can dress him/her up and knock on the door...I suppose I'll live through them. lol

• White Dove
    White Dove

For us witches (I'm Wiccan), Halloween is our new year. I'm going to wear my ritual garb all day and do all my errands in it.

I can't wait! It'll be the first time wearing it all day and everywhere.

Of course being Wiccan means that I'll also do a ritual of some kind that evening.

So many loved ones to say hello to across the veil.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'm going to wear my ritual garb all day and do all my errands in it.

Oooooohhh! I'd love to see pictures!

V665

• White Dove
    White Dove

I can text you a picture if you have e-mail or texting on your phone.

I bought a cheap witch hat in Fry's. It's pretty even if it's cheap.

Witchtowear.com has very nice real hats.

We monsters are going to have fun!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You can post on FB, right sweetie? I'll think about the phone #/email thing...

V665

• elderelite
    elderelite

because we knock on their doors during daylight hours only

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit