To all those who who bang on elders who post here

by elderelite 45 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

Got it, mine's the same age... at least for the next couple of years... poor baby, she's much prettier than her dad

• elderelite
    elderelite

lolz... I hope mine looks exactly like her mom!

• agonus
    agonus

Actually my oldest looks a lot more like me than her mom, yet somehow she's impossibly gorgeous. Hell if I can figure it out

• wasblind
    wasblind

EL,

never mind the ones who critisize you, they continue to following in the footsteps

of the WTS, even though they claim they have left, they have only left in the physical sense.

I appreciate you being here.

• cameo-d
  • wasblind
    wasblind

ok, to be clear this was NOT supposed to be a "we love EE thread

SO WHAT, YOU ARE LOVED ANYWAY

• elderelite
    elderelite

awww... sweet! I see a LOT of me in my son and even in my daughter.. In sincerity I hope they get the best of both but i am so bias I could never really know. My daughter is the most beautiful thing in the world... even more so than my truck or my dog thats the truth!

• TD
    TD

I've known several personally and admire anyone who can walk that kind of a tightrope

Banging on them smacks of the same black/white, all or nothing thinking that sucks people into cults in the first place.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

EE - when I first started here, I had some critical comments directed at me. I wasn't even going to say that I had a "position" but I felt it was important to mention it because I thought it would show lurkers that even those that they thought were very loyal to the WTS were having doubts and that it would somehow make them feel less alone.

I would say that since most of us haven't met IRL that none of the comments can really be personal. Folks that are critical or call folks names aren't really angry at you personally. Even if they were, would you really care? However, they are angry at the WTS. They're angry at the lies they've been told, the blind loyalty they showed, maybe the molester that was protected, the feelings of standing out as different from almost everyone they know.

They direct that anger towards those that may hold positions with the WTS because (like it or not), they do represent the WTS publically. I guess all JWs do but especially those "taking the lead". Even if they don't believe it.

I do think those that leak documents and other info play an important role of pulling the curtain back and revealing Oz. I hope you post the new book, notes on the KM School and any other documents that you can safely post. It may not help those that have left and have no family, but it is helpful for the rest.

• moshe
    moshe

I never did see that one, Mike. I loved this one you did awhile back- I see only 395 people saw- it was gutsy, as you don't see many elders who reveal their true identity. Bravo-- you are one of a kind. I guess Bethel doesn't monitor this site after all.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/197836/1/a-Challange-to-DJEggnogg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit