serious advice

by antes8080 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Follow your conscience and don't do anything that would bring people into a cult that you want to be out of.

• Ding
    Ding

I should add that I know it may put you in a tough position, but I think bringing people into a cult in order to make life easier on yourself is unconscionable.

• wasblind
    wasblind

It's always good news to hear when someone wakes up

hope everything works out , and you can be able to get out with little

damage as possible, and if you don't give a darn about collateral damage

go out with guns blazin'

• I quit!
    I quit!

Boy, that is a tough one. If you don't believe it yourself it seem pretty obvious you can't go on teach what you no longer believe. You might need to cancel a few studies with them to give yourself time to figure out you are going to do. I also agree with those who said it would be wrong to turn these people over to someone who is going to continue to teach them things you know are wrong. A situation like this could definately force you to lay your cards on the table sooner than you wish but your personal integrity is also at stake.

I wish you well.

• AGuest
    AGuest

It really depends on how much you love them, dear Antes (peace to you!)... and whether you consider them "friends." If you truly love/have love for them, you won't sacrifice them... to save YOUR life... but will sacrifice YOUR life... to save theirs. Meaning, you may have to put yourself in harms way... to keep them from it. As my Lord is recorded to say: "No one has GREATER love... than to sacrifice HIS life... on behalf of his friends."

While it perhaps a tough decision to implement, it really isn't a hard one to know. Mad Sweeny said it: tell them the truth... and shame the Adversary.

Again, I bid you peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

continue teaching... but teach them to think for themselves, teach topics that are hard to swallow and let them think, let them see the explanantions are faulty, dont tell them they are, enable them to think. Let them create the questions and research them with them.

Let them take you out of the borg.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Stop teaching them the lies and maybe point out the truth about the wts or at least cancel the studies as your conscience will bother you later knowing you helped sucker innocent people into the cult knowing that it's not the truth. It may be hard if you have jw family.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Lots of good advice here. Tec says let them know the bad stuff straight up---the shunning and disfellowshipping. Also let them know that they have to ask all their questions before they are baptized because after they agree to the questions, they agree to accept whatever WT tells them without question or hesitation.

Cyber says keep talking to them and stressing the importance of research and reasoning...and asking questions. I think you could develop a real friendship if you are honest with them and you are all searching instead of you playing the part of the "religious expert" who is there to convert them.

Be true to yourself. And do no harm to others. And if you quit on these folks, the hall will send someone else to finish the job. Best to stay with them and help them develop their critical minds. Hell, if you don't want to talk about WT, change the subject and make small talk for the duration. Show a genuine interest in them instead of WT literature. Be a friend.

• Chalam
    Chalam

antes8080 i need some advice i got 4 bible studys i can no longer lie to them

Just tell them the truth.

Proverbs 16:13 (New International Version)

13 Kings take pleasure in honest lips;
    they value a man who speaks the truth.

John 5:24 (New International Version)

24 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

John 6:53 (New International Version)

53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

John 10:7 (New International Version)

7 Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Blessings,

Stephen

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nugget was in the same position. She handed over the study to others in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit