Ground Zero Mosque

by minimus 105 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you agree that there should not be a mosque in the area that was wiped out by Muslim extremists? On The View, it was discussed with Bill O'Reilly and the ladies of the view. Joy Behar and Whoopie flipped because Bill said "muslims" were responsible for the carnage there and it would not be appropriate for a mosque in that area.

What do you think?

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

We should go trade for trade. They can build a Mosque and the WBTS can build there headquaters in Mecca!

• minimus
    minimus

hmmmm---same difference!

• minimus
    minimus

My opinion: it's rubbing salt in the wound.

• purplesofa
  • SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Argh. I'll bite.

Soooo white people shouldn't be allowed to build a Baptist Church in Africa, right? I mean, since the typical slave owner was a white Christian, that'd follow similar logic, right?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Africans didn't fly two planes into the World Trade Center Towers..... No comparison can be made.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Location matters. All cities have zoning areas for churches. Mosques are rising throughout U.S. cities all over. No uproar about that. The location for a mosque at "Ground Zero" area just is not a good timing, yet, obviously.

How soon could a Japanese shrine be set up in Pearl Harbor area after WWII??

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Sam, you're totally misunderstanding my analogy. I'm talking about prejudging an entire group based on the actions of the few (who do not even represent the entire group). The comparison is ridiculous because I think the prejudice here is ridiculous.

Is the proposed mosque a RADICAL muslim mosque? How do the Muslims who want to build it view 9/11? How close to ground zero is it? There are reportedly already mosques in that area.

• Smoky
    Smoky

Ill say it again. PEOPLE ARE TO F*CKIN SENSITIVE!

The Catholic church have been behind horrific acts against mankind. Yet we dont blame the church when a catholic drug dealer blows away people at the border. "I'm killing in the name of GOD."or "GOD told me to do it". Wow, never heard that before.

smoky

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit