How Do You Get A Dub Off The Doorstep???This Way??

by ladonna 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

ROTFL....

I have my own methods if dealing with dubs at the door. I often say, "Sorry, I am off to donate blood." They run......FAST!!!!!!

But how many of you would go this far?????

http://cartalk.cars.com/Mail/Letters/1999/05.29/7.html

What methods do others of you use to get them off the front porch???

Ana....given up debating with dubs at the door class

Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste.
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

LOLOL Ana

Hmmmm, haven't tried going to the door in my undies yet...I wonder, would they stay or would they run screaming down the street?? Interesting...perhaps I should find out

Dana

• LB
    LB

Oh I'd have no trouble doing what she did. But what my friend in California did was a bit above what I'm willing to do. He dropped his pants and asked the woman pioneer "how about it baby".

I think he is on a do-not-call list these days. Says he has never had anyone back since.

Oh these pagans, what to do what to do.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Scully
    Scully

Oh, the plans and schemes I have cooked up for that next time they call!!!!

Let's see....

Last time, there were 2 young fellows. One was probably 19 and the other one was maybe 12. The younger one read a scripture to me, I think it was Rev 21:3,4. Anyway, I gently declined the magazines, and before they left, I suggested to the younger one who was reading to me that when he returned to the car that he look up and read John 8:44.

John 8:44 -- You are from your father, the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a manslayer when he began and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.
    It's been about 6 months, and nobody's called since then. LOL LOL

The next time the dubs call, I'm going to ask them to explain Theocratic War Strategy. heh heh heh

But I would dearly LOVE to greet them at the door, and embrace them like they are long lost friends and then exclaim Welcome!! Come in!! Come in!! You're just in time!! We're about to start the ritual goat sacrifice and séance!!

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

• Geordie
    Geordie

I once saw the J/W's walking down my street. I happend to have some stick on tattoo's left over from a party we had so I used one. I removed my T-shirt and applied it upside down on my chest.

When they knocked, I answered the door with an upside down cross on my chest, opened my eyes as wide as they would go and told them that I batted for the oposition.

They didnt just leave my door step but jumped back about 6' feet and ran up the street. They didnt even bother to knock at any more of my neibours houses eather.

I giggled about this for days.

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Dear Geordie

Now that's funny. I almost fell of my chair. Kudos

• SYN
    SYN

Hehe, Geordie, that's fugging funny...

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• Mutz
    Mutz

In the territory of my old cong was a girl who used to come to the door naked when the witnesses called. The house was marked as a Do Not Call but one of the Elders would call there just to see if things had changed when the territory was worked.... as you do :p

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

How come I never had the nude woman at the door thing? Not even a glimpse of stocking top dammit!

Expatbrit

• Mulan
    Mulan

They never come to my door.

"No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit