Is there anything that could actually bring down this farce of a religion?

by stuckinamovement 49 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

It seems as if they have survived it all. Bad press such as articles on molestations, neutrality, blood, defections of high ranking officials, crazy changes in doctrines, financial stresses, passage of a 100 years without one prophecy coming true. Yet they are still going strong with new members being recruited at a faster level than those who leave. Is there anything that will actually stop the machine?

I know that there has been a lot of talk about the internet acting as a catalyst, but so far no mass exoduses.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

It's been around over 130 years, so don't expect a shutdown anytime soon. But more and more people are leaving. And they are struggling with increases. And it appears that the money is drying up. So in time, the increases may turn to decreases. Until then, we aren't over the hump yet. The internet has been a big factor. Before the internet, where could you go to find somebody to help you deconstruct WT lies? There were books out there, but how many people found them? It was much harder then.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I wish....this subject is debated quite often on here with diverse opinion....lets hope so anyway...

Loz x

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

WT will be going strong when all of us are dead.

So long as people need to be told how to think, they'll provide the instructions.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Don't hold your breath waiting.

• ninja
    ninja

paris hilton sitting on jack barrs face

• ninja
    ninja

or.....jack barr sitting on paris hilton's face would probably hasten it

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    or.....jack barr sitting on paris hilton's face would probably hasten it

Somehow, that just leaves me with a very disturbing mental image.

Rub a Dub

• LV101
    LV101

let's be positive and someone PLEEEZE post about their financial woes -- to keep us hangin' on w/hope. maybe the over 50 club that supports them will need their moolah for healthcare or be stuck helping their kids/grandies out w/this economy (with any luck at all)! maybe their personal retirements have shrunk and they'll start worrying about their future.

i thought they were lying about their recruiting numbers -- why not, they lie about everything else.

NV1

• Think About It
    Think About It

Bring it down, as in game over for the WTS? Sorry, not a chance. No matter what, there would always be an uber-dub fanatical core group of believers.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit