Summer Assembly and Botox

by GrandmaJones 27 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

oooooooooooh what exodus it would cause:

--> sistas, no more going to nail salon

--> sistas, no more perms

--> sistas, no more tanning (fake or real)

--> sistas, no more silicone

--> sistas, no more fancy dresses

--> sistas, no more jewelry that costs more than $20

the scripture has talked............... now obey

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about other things? Do they really expect all "sisters" to look like 98 olds? Do they expect everyone to dress in tacky clothing and look frumpy? Since when is it wrong to try and look as good as one can? I also suppose next they will have a talk against trying to lose weight, even if one is genuinely morbidly obese.

Then, what's to stop them from going even farther? They could look at good health as "vanity", and prohibit people from taking vitamins because a bottle of vitamins costs money that should go into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. And, treatments for various conditions that are mere nuisances (and I mean things like arthritis, that will not kill but could hurt a great deal) could come under attack from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

While I am not pro-drugs for conditions like these, I believe the decision should be left up to the individuals. If you like the effects and are willing to accept the risks, then I see no reason why you shouldn't take a particular medical remedy. And, some of the other things they will probably try to ban are not even risky--like wearing good clothing.

Additionally, good clothing tends to last longer than crap. I got some work shoes for $95, and so far they have outlasted three pairs of sneakers that cost $25 each. (Plus, they are still on original shoe laces, unlike the sneakers--and need zero insoles). This alone should be a good reason to spend money on quality, instead of stinting on quality and donating the money to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. It is not vanity--it is simply planning on having things last.

• badcompany
    badcompany

When I was a teenager back in the early '70's I tried to grow my hair out from a crew cut. A combination of my hair being stick straight and my parents not letting it get "too long" I couldn't get it to lay down normally. I finally got a body perm to relax it enough to lay down (not curly). I was called in by the elders almost immediately, read all the scripts listed above. They also said that it was offending some of the "older" sisters. I couldn't help laughing at him. I had several "older" sisters compliment me on the style.....INCLUDING HIS WIFE!

It's amazing how creative they get in twisting scriptures to use against you any way they like. So to bring myself into compliance I grew my hair down to my shoulders. Don't need a perm now. Lays down fine.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    I also suppose next they will have a talk against trying to lose weight, even if one is genuinely morbidly obese.

I remember several years ago that one of the elders attended a school and when he came back he told the congregation that the subject of Weight Watchers came up. They stated that it was not appropriate and that people should just use their will power.

None of their business.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I also suppose next they will have a talk against trying to lose weight, even if one is genuinely morbidly obese.

Weight loss has always been an interesting issue for them. On the one hand, they use the one scripture about your body being holy to control smoking and tobacco use in general, yet don't provide any counsel about eating healthy. Oh sure, they don't want you working out too much, bodily training is beneficial for a little, but Brother Lardass eating two sausage biscuits and a donut for breakfast, cheeseburger and potato chips for lunch, a little debbie snack cake at 3, and for dinner a smallo side salad with ranch (to be healthy), half a loaf of bread, a pasta plate and carrot cake for dessert....that guy with adult onset diabetes, blood pressure through the roof in a wheelchair at 50 because weight 350 lbs blew out his knees....he's an elder.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Surely though being overweight may be classed as gluttony or though I guess they will bring out a new rule to override this one?

LI

• lisaBObeesa
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Has this been published in the washtowel yet? If it was part of manuscript talk it will be. Has anyone got a direct quote of what was said?

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

costs money that should go into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA, You are funny! That was good!

• yknot
    yknot

Roll eyes....

Gosh imagine if Knorr was still here he would be banning push up bras!

Anywho GrandmaJonesie if you are feeling mischevious next assembly......

http://dannyhaszard.com/pickets/WT$.htm ( phony printable for actual donation checks addressing pedophiles, blood, NGOs, information suppression and a 'zero dollar')

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit