Summer Assembly and Botox

by GrandmaJones 27 Replies latest jw friends

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

That is so cute. I wish I had that level of creativity. I may just do that at an assembly. Too risky for my own hall. (There is an attendant sitting in the lobby)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    They used the "braiding of the hair" as support. It's getting ridiculous how the organization is inserting itself into everything.

And..

How many women got pulled aside for their Hair being Braided that day?..

None..

The WBT$ is run by Idiots ..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Balsam
    Balsam

That is pretty funny they didn't want anyone getting botox, I imagine that was just the elders preference passed on to the crowd. Push up bras, girdles, face lifts, boob implants all might be up for ban. LOL

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Religion, the bible is seen as vehicle to empowerment for men, throughout the Bible woman were seen as second class people up against the men.

They were made submissive by the men/priestly seers, hell they weren't even allowed to pray or enter the temple.

Woman today braid their as a simple style like the do high lighting, perhaps at the time this law was handed out whores

or prostitutes braided their hair to make them more attractive to men. I still think its ridiculously funny that 2, 3 years later

men are exploiting the bible to create their own power and control for themselves. God the almighty strikes again.

• ziddina
    ziddina

TheTrueOne, at the time that edict against hair braiding was handed down, Roman matrons would spend hours - sometimes an entire day - having their hair braided, each trying to out-do the other... And their hair was being 'done-up' so that they would appear attractive at opulent Roman feasts - and we all know the rumors about THOSE feasts, don't we??

No doubt, wealthy women, within the outlying regions under the control of the Romans, were trying to emulate the Roman matrons, since the Roman women often had more power and fewer restrictions than, say, the Jewish women...

Again, the Watchtower Society's blithering ignorance of actual history turns them into fools...

Zid

• Violia
    Violia

I haven't heard them call for a ban on ED treatments. Those are fairly expensive without insurance. Yes if the sisters must refrain from botox then they must not get the little blue pill. We will all be perfect in the new system.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

"The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the state."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sorry meant to say 2, 3 thousand years

The social moral standards established by the ancient Israelites, was theirs for their era in human history.

1 Peter 3:3, "...And do not let YOUR adornment be that of the external braiding of the hair and of the putting on of gold ornaments or the wearing of outer garments,..."

If this is the Scripture they are using then any ornament of gold should be forbidden to wear.

Why cant they interpret the bible the way it suppose to be interpreted. ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit