Goodies from the August SE, QFR

by elderelite 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elderelite
    elderelite

a few hypocritical goodies from said study edition, questions from readers, which starts on page 6. The article goes to great lenghts to point out that people in pre christian times were forgiven of their sins based on the sacrifice of the Christ, which had not yet taken place. Fair enough. The article explains that, in Jehovah's eyes, the ransom was as good as done so it could be applied even though it was not yet paid.... ok... so if a married couple becomes intamite on the night before their wedding should we still form a JC? the wedding is as good as done.. the vows almost taken.. but thats not the interesting part, not totally. The question this raises for me is why could the ransom to cover adams sin be applied retroactivly but not the covenant for heavenly life? The org has said time and again that John the baptizer will not be resurected to heavenly life because he died prior to the christ and that arrangment was only from Jesus death forward. ok.. so on the basis of Jesus death John can be resurected to earth but not heaven? The logic does not follow... in another interesting twist on this the branch has taught time and again that the evil doer that Jesus said "would be with me in paradise" would be on earth, not heaven... ok but he died AFTER Jesus. but still doesnt get into heaven. where is the logic, or am I making more out of this than is there? I would also point out that this by no means new. This teaching of the retroactive nature of the ransom has been around for decades.

The second goodie comes from the very same article, at very end of the QFR they make the statment, and I quote "As this account clearly shows, Jesus did not shun sinners. He did good to them. " Do I even have to elaborate on the hypocrasy here... needless to say I am going to carry this around and use it as justification for speaking with every DF'd person I possibly find

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

The logic does not follow...

How to describe the WTBTS in five words.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    The article explains that, in Jehovah's eyes, the ransom was as good as done so it could be applied even though it was not yet paid

The same reasoning was used a couple of weeks ago in the Group Study, "Come Be My Follower" Page 106 pars20,21.

Speaking of Abraham, Matt 22:31,32 says in part "he is the God, not of the dead, but of the living." Par 22 explains Abraham had been dead for 329 years but was living in God's eyes, SO SURE is Jehovah's purpose to resurrect such ones they may be spoken of as living.

How about Abraham already raised to heaven, that would be more logical. One may also consider "the beggar raised to the bosom position of Abraham" but of course there is a similar illogical explanation for that also.

George

• JeffT
    JeffT

You are right, no logic there. A number of years ago I heard a speaker at church answer the question "how can people who died before Jesus go to heaven?" His answer was "The same way you do. You have a faith in a past sacrifice, they had faith in a future sacrifice. The faith is pointed in a different direction but the faith is the same."

As far as the shunning thing goes, words fail me.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The WTS "logic" is so twisted that they get themselves in circles when trying to explain it.

Thanks for sharing your valuable elder knowledge, EE.

• agonus
    agonus

"Jesus did not shun sinners... WE do!!!"

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Jesus did not shun sinners. He did good to them.

The GB will categorize apostates differently. Somehow they will twist it so that this logic doesn't follow for all. You won't be able to use it as an arguement to be able to speak to DF'd ones.

Perhaps something will come to be printed soon which covers their backsides on this very matter.

• cantleave
    cantleave

"As this account clearly shows, Jesus did not shun sinners. He did good to them. "

When I read that a few weeks back I nearly died laughing. I wanted to point it out to everyone I work with, but decided not too. I remember last year showing the back page article, in the public mag,about changing religion is not not wrong, to few, and all I got was "Yes that's talking FALSE religion". as you would say EE *Sigh*

• elderelite
    elderelite

@broken promises... well played

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The org has said time and again that John the baptizer will not be resurected to heavenly life because he died prior to the christ and that arrangment was only from Jesus death forward.

Seems that the Org has given itself the power to decide who gets resurrected and who does not. Arrogance, assumption, and usurpation.

It is also disturbing the way they use the phrase "the christ" as it becomes an object and not a proper noun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit