Goodies from the August SE, QFR

by elderelite 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elderelite
    elderelite

Camo, i'm sorry that was my paraphrase, not a direct quote. No offense intended.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

elderite: Camo, i'm sorry that was my paraphrase, not a direct quote. No offense intended.

It doesn't matter that it was your paraphrase, elderite. I have heard many others "paraphrase" the very same things. WT seems to take it upon themselves to make statements that are not theirs to make. Their resurrection predictions are more statement of fact than prediction and they have made assertions about many bible characters without even knowing if some of these characters were myth or real. The bOrg has unlawfully seized the Throne of the Almighty.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Seems the witlesses, who claim to be the only true Christians, do not follow Christ. For instance, Jesus did not shun sinners. In fact, Jesus actually communicated to those Pharisees, who actually "sinned against the holy spirit" by refusing to even look into the fact that they could be wrong. Yet, Jesus did not shun them. And I don't recall Jesus shunning those who had become Christian and needed some time out.

And, what about Peter? He denied Jesus three times in one incident, yet he had a lead assignment only 40 days later. Peter did not need to go through a hearing, wait several months or years, then work his way back up. Yet, that is what the witlesses must do--even for lesser offenses like smoking or gambling.

I really hope that thing about the yet-future "as good as done" sacrifice and fornication on the eve of the wedding comes back to bite them. They come up with fake logic to rebut that, such as the crap that those dying before Christ do not go to heaven. And, according to the same Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, neither do most of those alive today but become witlesses. This would suggest strongly that the members of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class are atheists, because if they were believing Christians they would be afraid of going to hell or getting adverse judgment for tampering with the Bible and then misrepresenting it.

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

What lame reasoning you people have given here against Jehovah's chosen ones. You're all just blinded by your own self-interest and self-seeking ways to even see that you've 'abandoned' the faith and are now in a course in opposition to Jehovah and his visible earthly organization. How sad ineed is your lot!

• elderelite
    elderelite

uhhhh WoJ, i'm not sure if that was tounge in cheek or if you were serious... help me out...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "The article explains that, in Jehovah's eyes, the ransom was as good as done so it could be applied even though it was not yet paid.... "

Ah, if only I were still "in"... As one of the conscious ones....

'Cause I'd use that same line of logic the next time the Watchtower Society came around with its hands out, grasping after my contributions or commitments for monies to do another "quick-build" for them to sell and pocket the money... Or to make up the 'deficit' at yet another District Assembly...

"Well, brothers, it is my intent to be able to provide you with some sort of donations, as soon as I am able to afford it. However, since the 'ransom' was applied, though not yet 'paid', I'm sure you'll be able to do the same with your District Assembly expenses... Just 'apply' my donation, though it's not yet 'paid'...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit