Randy Watters -- WT admits 144,000 may not be the limit

by FatFreek 2005 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I, along with many others, received our latest Freeminds email. I was shocked at the following underlined statement.

The second thing they are emphasizing is that those who claim to be of the "anointed" (now that they have admitted the number may not be limited to 144,000) not only have NO SAY into what goes into the Watchtower magazine, and have no special knowledge or place in Jehovah's organization, so don't look to THEM for answers. The GOVERNING BODY is the faithful and discreet slave as far as the JWs are to be concerned.

Randy (or anybody in the know), if you're tuned in, please provide us with some means of verification of that statement.

It's not totally surprising, if substantiated from one of their published pages. After all, they've had ever-increasing numbers of Memorial partakers for the last several years. They were bound to come up with some spin to be able to depart from the literal number.

Len

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I saw that too, and thought - hmmm...

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Yeah, I'm very curious about this. We know that the 144,000 will be dropped, or converted to a figurative number, but I didn't know it was already happening..

• garyneal
    garyneal

If this is true, I would love to gauge my wife's reaction when she finds out about it.

• Chalam
    Chalam

New darkness must be arriving from the WT soon

Blessings,

Stephen

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Like Garyneal : If this is true, I would love to gauge my husband's reaction when he finds out about it. We had a discussion yesterday and he wasn't very happy cauz I told him I'm gonna stop going to the meeting with him.

He wants me to wait and see what happens with the Borgs. (sigh)

So please provide us with verifiable information!

• Listener
    Listener

The apostle John, who received the Revelation, attests: “I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand.” (Revelation 7:4) This precise number is confirmed in a later chapter as being the total of those “bought from among mankind” to rule with the Lamb on the heavenly Mount Zion. (Revelation 14:1-4)

While the churches of Christendom give vague and unconvincing explanations of this number, interestingly, Bible scholar E. W. Bullinger says of it: “It is the simple statement of fact: a definite number in contrast with the indefinite number in this very chapter.”

W99 12/1 11

The above quote is taken from the above mentioned watchtower but raises more questions than it answers. EW Bullinger was also an Anglican Clergyman, so wasn't he considered as being from the churches of Christendom by the JWs? Why are the JWs using his comments because it supports their idea? Why do they need to source opinions from other scholars?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

disillusionee - He wants me to wait and see what happens with the Borgs.

My response to that would be you have seen what happened with the Borgs for over 100 years, and so know it will be more of the same. They said the world was going to end 96 years ago in 1914 and were wrong, and have been consistently wrong ever since by saying it is going to be "soon".

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

@JWfacts

His answer was: " if not the JW who? God has an organization and it is imperfect. He will clean his people in the due time".

He finds me a little bit queer because as he told me this morning I was more zealous than he was/is.

My answer was: “Maybe that’s the reason why I’m so upset”. I’ve always given 100% and more in everything I did. If I’m not convinced anymore, I cannot give my time and energy, that’s it.

He is in a bad mood…

Hope Randy will give more information about this but I think if someone doesn’t want to see the problems in the Borg, he/she won’t see them…

Desi

• elderelite
    elderelite

I dont see how they could make this change. It underpins EVERYTHING they teach.. two hopes.. two clases although there are no classes... it just wouldn't work. I think this has to be a prediction not info on something coming for sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit