Randy Watters -- WT admits 144,000 may not be the limit

by FatFreek 2005 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    ....... it seems the 144,000 limited has been exceeded. The Society has acknowledged this ........

I have never seen anything that supports this. None of the WT articles quoted so far support it. If you think they hint at it ......... they don't .... and a mere hint is not good enough to use with a Dub anyway. It has to be in their face ..... irrefutable, supported by the context and grammar.

There is no way I would tell a Dub this without a mighty fine piece of evidence in my hot little hand.

If there is one thing you must not do when talking to a Dub, it is to make yourself look like a complete arse by spouting off something you cannot prove, or worse, that they can disprove.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

" (now that they have admitted the number may not be limited to 144,000) "

Is there a reference for this claim? A quote? Opening the 1935 bar did not in any way mean they were teaching the number, 144,000, was not literal.

Randy, could you explain this please? Thanks.

• Violia
    Violia

I knew this years ago, it along with the change in the baptismal vows made a big impression on me. A lot of jws did not even know it and the ones that did just would say to not disagree publically, just keep it to yourself.

They may have already done this, but at some point they will put it in print that THEY are the go between and without them we cannot approach God or Christ.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

i don't think they are saying it is figurative. I think they are saying it is fluid. no set date when

they were all picked. no guarantee that once you are annointed, you stay annointed. this fits

an ongoing pattern of making things fluid, no more hard dates or deadlines. same with the 144000.

yes its a set number, but the people in the group are not set, allowing for number of partakers

to go up or down without question. if nothing is a set fact, much easier to defend.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I still (much to my chagrin) have access to what the WTS currently teaches by way of my pioneer sibling. I straight out asked her and she (who is quite intent on reading and trying to keep uptodate with the "truth") says she's never read anything saying the 144,000 is now figurative.

I personally think they can make it figurative once they've (the GB/the Society) firmly establish their control. They're already laying down the boundaries with the 3 groups now.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

They have not actually SAID it yet, but what other possible conclusion or stupid ideas could they come up with to justify the doors not being closed in 1935, and knowing that the number of anointed are increasing every year? The old excuses no longer work. They never said it would be 1975 either, remember? LOL

Just my speculation... it is a blog, guys. :-))

By the way, if you aren't on my "Armageddon Okie" e-letter list, you can read it HERE. The article is now on the front page of freeminds.org with lots of JUST-ADDED links than in the e-letter HERE.

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I will add the word "virtually" if it will make the constipated ones happy. :-))

By the way, Lady Lee is now blogging again!

http://www.freeminds.org/support/dear-lee/addicted-to-misery-2.html

Randy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Maybe you don't realise how much weight your words hold with other apostates, Randy.

As Black Sheep said, it's important to only say things that can be proved, as if we start saying things that can be disproved, it will prevent JWs from exploring other statements made by apostates.

Maybe it's not that important to you personally, but for those of us still with family captive to JW teachings, it's important that everything we say can be verified and is not just speculation.

And I'm not constipated, I go very regularly, thank you very much.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Seems to me that they solve the problem over the 144000 plus by blaming the rank and file...

those over the magic number must be NON GENUINE ones...

thus the number is still 144000 no matter how many partake.

oz

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

LOL BrokenP I love you, and I do understand.

I just don't take myself quite that seriously, I guess.

But, in spite of all efforts otherwise, I've never been wrong yet. Think about that.

Dogz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit