Need advice about JW boyfriend

by tryingtolove 39 Replies latest social relationships

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I think that everything that needs to be said has been said. I can't think of what else to add.

Yep, I think she's gone for good...

V665

• moshe
    moshe
    2. Have absolutely NOTHING to do with anyone who is, or has been, a JW.

unless you are certain they will never return to the KH. That is the tricky part--- knowing they have cut all ties to the WT religion, forever.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I think she could have been looking for advice on how to make this relationship work

there are plenty of relationships where the man is of one religion and the woman is of another.

and they lead normal lives and may have peace and respect among the families, she's in love

with this man and does not want to hear that it cannot work. But the truth is, that unless she

converts, she won't have peace with his family. And if she decides to convert she needs to ask herself, is

she doing this because she has found it to be the truth and her love for God, or is it be accepted by this mans family

• wasblind
    wasblind

Even though he's with her now it will eventually come down to him making a choice

between his family or her, and if she marries him and not convert, the only time his

parents may talk to her will be to preach to her.

• tryingtolove
    tryingtolove

Hi, thanks. You all gave good advice. I wasn't scared away, lol. Anyway, some more about my situation is that he was disfellowshipped once already and i don't think he ever wanted to go through that again. He has been baptized.

I am interested in the mind programming information and what they really do to people. I only went to one meeting and the memorial (that was before I dated him), so I dont really have too much experience with them.

• tryingtolove
    tryingtolove

Also, I am not converting, ever, to JW. I believe in God, but not organized religion in any way.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Hi tryingtolove, click below to help yourself understand how cults use their 'Mind Control' techniques.

http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/articles/BITE.htm

3Mozzies

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The primary doctrine, the one that keeps them enslaved, is that Jesus selected the WT, in 1919, to be God's sole channel of communication in our day.

As long as he thinks there might be even the slightest possibility that this might be true, he is in danger of running back to the cult.

• poppers
    poppers

The primary doctrine, the one that keeps them enslaved, is that Jesus selected the WT, in 1919, to be God's sole channel of communication in our day.

I'm always amazed at this when I read it here, and I cannot understand how they can make such a claim. What proof have they ever offered that this is true, and what does it say about the people who swallow what can only be an unfounded assertion since Jesus supposedly returned invisibly?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They just keep repeating it as fact. e.g.

WT Jan 15, 2009 Page 30 Highlights from the book of Revelation

3:7—When did Jesus receive “the key of David,” and how has he been using that key? Upon his baptism in 29 C.E., Jesus became King-Designate in the line of David. However, Jesus did not receive the key of David until 33 C.E. when he was exalted to the right hand of God in heaven. There he inherited all the rights of the Davidic Kingdom. Since then, Jesus has been using the key to open up opportunities and privileges related to the Kingdom. In 1919, Jesus placed “the key of the house of David” upon the shoulder of “the faithful and discreet slave” by appointing that slave class “over all his belongings.”—Isa. 22:22; Matt. 24:45, 47.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit