December 2010 Awake Homosexuality

by bottleofwater 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scully
    Scully

Remember that the Awake! magazine is more inclined to discuss social issues (like homosexuality) in a way that will not offend members of the general public. The goal is to lull people into believing that JWs' moral code is no different from any other mainstream Christian denomination.

Fire and brimstone is reserved for Watchtower articles.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

By the way, it wasn't that bad. They didn't even question me. They just propaganda'd me with the December 2010 Awake.

I did write my DA letter though and I might send it off by mail. By then I'll be at my uncle's house .

Should I have mentioned "wrongdoing" in my letter or should I remove it? What do you think?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

In a DA letter all you have to do is say "I (your name ) no longer consider myself to be one of JW's ." Or " I no longer wish to be one of JW's", No details needed .

Is that really the way you want to go ? You have the perfect set up now to fade . You are moving out of the family home and will be considered on your own (even though your living with relatives ) . FADE FADE FADE it is a lot of work ,but some like the ability to still talk with family . In a fade you just stop going to meetings or service ect . Just stop going and that is it ....

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The WTS and Christendom will NEVER get this right before Armageddon (2012?)

A "eunuch" in the Bible is a reference to a gay person. Being "gay" is considered to be a GIFT, but a gift of singleness. The context of that is that men will form close, loving relationships with each other in deference to romance with women. But at the same time, they are expected to masturbate (1 Thess 4:3-8) to alleviate any physical sexual tensions, not sodomize any close single male companions they might have fallen in love with.

Therefore, preferring men to women, not liking women sexually (or visa versa for lesbians) is NATURAL.

God condemns ALL SEX outside of marriage. It is clear god designed sex between men and women, often the result being procreation. Does that mean God designed men to enjoy oral sex with each other or sodomy? I'm not going to answer that other than it appears that "sodomy" between two men is not something designed to be enjoyed to honor god.

But that doesn't mean two men can't fall in love or kiss or be "companions" with each other without being intimate.

Thus the homosexuality in the NT in particular deals with those who worship the physical body and insist upon that level of iconic sex. You know, the worship of the perfect body and face, etc. that we see in gay icons. In that case, God is said to make the sexual desires intense and cause them to become wildly obsessed with that kind of sex.

So you have to take this into context. I'm not saying God approves "gay marriage" though he clearly does not condemn an aesexual gay marriage. But that is a far cry from some who in the gay community go to gay bath houses every night and have sex with 5 or 6 or more strangers in orgy rooms. Some in a rather standard gay lifestyle in some of the larger cities have sex with as many strangers as a female prostitute would. That kind of sex is out.

So most gay sex would be condemned anyway outside of marriage. Without dealing with the topic of whether God would approve monogamous sex in a gay marriage, there is a lot of sexuality that would be condemned even if that was considered a concession.

So it is difficult to defend "homosexuality" when you don't consider specific lifestyles. Does that mean it's okay for an adult priest to sodomize a young altar boy? No. Homosexuals don't want to defend that behavior. That's a given. What about the right to have sex with another man as a consenting adult, as with a man and a woman. Well sure, but the Bible condemns even heterosexual sex outside marriage. There is the LEGAL and MORAL issue, therefore.

Anyway, Christendom and the WTS can't get past sexuality as represented in the Bible that is NOT CONDEMNED which is (1) polygamy and (2) masturbation, so they certainly can't conceive of the fine line between just being "gay" and being a "practicing homosexual" or that being a "eunuch" (gay) is considered a "gift."

So yet another thing that we'll have to wait on Judgment Day for. I imagine though gays on formal marriages and monogamous reliationships will fair better than gays who enjoy the promiscuous life, that is, as long as they can before dying from AIDS as many have. But along with them will be so many heterosexuals who aborted their babies and who are having sex outside marriage.

Just my 2 cents.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow. Leolaia, that is a dynamite "nuts-and-bolts" analysis of all the nuances within the article!!

I totally agree with Mad Sweeney's [and several others...] take on it:

"Anything said in Awake! is merely propaganda for the public to read. It isn't doctrine and it isn't official policy of the Watchtower. It is PR spun for public consumption. ..."

Larsinger58, that is fascinating! That information is totally new to me!

Zid

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

The "holy spirit" will not "open it up if you lie" Read a little bit on the silent lambs and you will see that elders and Bethelites have molested young children, (as well as fathers, uncles, etc,etc) and no "holy spirit" outs them. Even the JC's don't out them. That websight alone will change your mind on the operation of the "holy spirit" with regard to "outing you". Keep your own counsel, and wait and plan for your escape.

• breathing
    breathing

you dont have to play by there rules any more! if you want to send a letter send it, but do it cos YOU want a clean break not because you feel compelled to confess and be honest with them for their sake,

i faded and it has its downsides, but i didnt want to lose contact with my family, trouble is with fading, that people still try and get you to go back and you can never truly be honest with them which is annoying, in case they do then still diss you, and if you come out as gay then do you want to hide that part of your life for years to come?

good luck

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

I have not read this article, but in my personal experience I have found that many individual witnesses have softened their attitudes toward gays and lesbians. I am openly gay and not disfellowshipped. I faded and then came out. While some Witnesses totally shun me, most of those that I see now are always very friendly. My Witness family treats me respectfully and is actually quite accepting of my lifestyle. Of course I know that they don't truly approve, but I appreciate their kindness anyway.

• nelly136
    nelly136

**Should I have mentioned "wrongdoing" in my letter or should I remove it? What do you think?**

as and when you do get to send your letter, you're under no obligation to tell them anything.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

I shredded the letter though I have the document file saved. Since I found out that I'm staying only for a week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit