December 2010 Awake Homosexuality

by bottleofwater 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serenitynow!
  • Joliette
    Joliette

Just like Raymond Franz said in his book COC: An Iron hand behind a velvet glove.

Like Bluesbrother said, they KNOW that worldly society has become more liberal and less tolertant of people who

are homophobic. They very indirectly direct when it comes to LGBT people. The bottom line is: If a person is disfellowshipped for

not being straight, his or her family will not talk them until there all straightened out. Thats not loving to me. I dont know what to say about the bible's

stand on same sex relationships, but I do find it mighty funny that Jesus never mentions homosexuality as wrong, and he is God son for freakin sakes.

The bible can be used to defend homosexuality, point blank.

And when Jehovah said that two men should not lay together, who and what was he referring to?

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Being out for almost 10 yrs.....

I can say YES they have changed their view.... not surprising.

Thank you for the updates the more I read the latest changes the MORE I HATE THEM!!!

I was taught to hate Gays from the brothers and now I hate myself for allowing myself to feel that way at a point in my life.

I am so glad I saw the TRUTH that the truth was trying to show me..... another THEY ARE FULL OF SHIT moment.

I can not describe the Hatred I feel for The Truth right now.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Is it just me or is the doctrine becoming more lenient and less dogmatic?

I don't think so. If you read between the lines there, you'll see how they compare homosexuality to smoking, gambling, violence, fraud, and other not good things. I think the approach they used may seem less dogmatic, but the demonizing of homosexuality is the same.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Doesn't anyone realize that heterosexuality is also an addicting behavior for some?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Serenity - I also noticed the tired old "violent temper" analogy. And yeah, they also threw in a whole bunch of other unsavory things to compare it with.

I also noticed that they assert that disagreeing with homosexuality is a "lifestyle choice" that one has a right to make. I just found that wording kinda interesting.

Welcome, Bottleofwater! I see you have the rotating profile pic thing going on.

• Joliette
    Joliette

By the way, I wish someone would copy and paste some of the old watchtower's and awake's articles on homosexuality. I remember reading one titled: The Gay life is not gay or something like that. I'm like omg. Who wrote this?? I cant remember the article word for word but I remember it

saying something like 'the homosexual lifestyle is lonesome and frustrating, etc.'

• booby
    booby

I read the article and wanted to post on it. The reason is nothing to do with what they say as such as much as they shouldn't say anything because they have no clue. All they talk about or consider is the aspect of sex. I know nothing about the subject that I see as authoritive, but if they don't take a broader stance "why it exists as it does and the aspect of how it affects the whole life" then I think they should basically shutup. They can express that they feel the bible says what they believe it says and cite the scriptures, then encourage parents along with children to educate themselves using "real" world articles/books done by people who have an accurate knowledge (socioligists or whatever) and deal with explaining the true meaning of generation.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Yea it makes sense. I'm having two elders talking to me on Sunday, right before I'm moving out to live at my uncle and grandpa's house (good timing ). Should I tell the truth or will the holy spirit open it up if I lie?

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

This thread should be titled

"If someone asks: “What’s your view of homosexuality?” You might reply:

Anyway - God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve (of course this takes for granted you believe in god).

Sorry guys, I'm not a bigot but IMO it's wrong but hey, live and let live, so are lot's of things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UNy0iq3_Eo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit