The Journey to My First Post

by ReallyTrulyAthena 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Thanks, Hadit! It was hard but I'm glad that albatross if off my neck. :) Oh, you are far too kind - I'd like to think I have a good head on my shoulders ... now. *grins* Took a lot of work to get here. I am a wee bit proud that deep down I had some semblance of Self that said, "NO. You will not take me." It was such a small voice though, one that merely whispered for years. One that I had to fully reclaim and own as I got older. I hope that my experiences are helpful to others. To those on this board that I have read posts by for so long & found strength through them, and for those "worldlies" who helped me - I'm grateful. I'd like to give back and help others, too. Look forward to talking to you more.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome ReallyTrulyAthena

We are glad you found us here.

I am so sorry for your crappy JW life, we are all victims of this disgusting cult.

I look forward to reading more from you (I love the way you write)

3Mozzies

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Thanks for sharing your story. I relate to much of it. This cult destroyed my family, too. I look forward to reading more posts from you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I read a bunch of it and comment to mark and finish later. I got up to you "hating field service." Interesting how Dad pressured your mom into joining.

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks for sharing- it was a good heartfelt story. Welcome RTA.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing your story!

The more life stories I read on here, the more I know that the JW faith is seriously lacking in the "showing love for others" department.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

RTA, all I can say is that I loved reading your experience. I'm glad you also took the right steps, like therapy, to help you deal with all the pain.

I hope many more read this, including lurkers, and realize that there is happiness in life after JW's, even if the JW life was hell.

Congrats on your courage to express yourself and I look forward to reading more.

WELCOME!!

CoC

• hirotaka
    hirotaka

Thanks for posting RTA and welcome. Your story is very much like mine except my parents weren't quite so hardcore. I feel for you with the shunning when you went back for reinstatement. I got the same dirty looks and felt totally alone even though my wife, son and daugther were sitting up in the hall while I was at the back. I

I just couldn't do it.

Finally the whole thing led to divorce and the loss of most of my family........crazy what this cult has done to many families.

Thanks for posting your story!

Hirotaka

• bobld
    bobld

RTA welcome,sorry to hear the hell you went though because of this cult.Reminds me of the inquisition.I thank you for sharing your story.

B

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Welcome you girls!, life as a JW is soooooo difficult!. At least you have made it here. Congrats on that, now stay put and read on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit