The Journey to My First Post

by ReallyTrulyAthena 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• braveheart
    braveheart

Welcome RTA...thank you for sharing your story...Intense...my emotions are toast.

Congratulations on FREEEDOOOM -BH

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

3Mozzies - thank you. I'm glad the "crappy JW life" is gone as well...now just dealing with some of the residuals of it, I guess. I'll be engaging you fine folk in further discussion 'bout that! LOL

Scarred - so many families utterly laid waste by this religion - it makes me feel so sad. Glad to be here with people such as you who can relate.

OTWO - yeah, Dad pressuring Mom like that...? Interesting, and I also think another way this religion uses tactics of fear and isolation under the guise of "bringing Sheep into the Fold". Ack. Writing that phrase just made me feel dirty. Think I'll go scour myself off now.

Moshe - thanks for the welcome...my healt "felt" good to share the story.

Jadeen - thank you. Oh yes, I would agree with that statement. I think there are those in the JWs (not all) that SAY the words of love, but their actions don't like up. It's just wrong and sad.

Crisis of Conscience - thanks! I'm glad you liked reading it. Therapy (and a few years of anti-depressants) really did help. I still go to a therapy session or two on an as-needed basis. And I reallly needed one lately after writng the letter to my Dad! Talk about opening up the figurative Pandora's Box of emotions.

Hirotaka - oh, I just had another flashback when you mentioned about sitting in the back of the hall, working towards reinstatement. I hated feeling like a 'social leper', than even the tiniest of glances my way would cause them such loathing. I'm sorry to hear you lost most of your family (hugs) but hope you are doing well and finding solace.

bobld - "reminds me of the inquisition". Good one! That indeed is the JC/'star chamber', huh? EEEK

cyberjesus - I'm glad to have made it aboard The Good Ship JWN and plan on staying put/reading more for a while. Thank you!

braveheart - thanks for reading my story(hugs). I can say my emotions aren't as toasty as yesterday. I felt a further sense of healing just by sharing it with you all. May I return the 'congrats on Freedom' to you as well!

• stillin9
    stillin9

Welcome RTA!!

Really enjoyed reading your story

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit