computers....uuuugggggg!!!!

LW

• little witch
    little witch

To not have you here with us is just plain ol' unacceptable, LOL

LW

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

We use Comodo, and I think it's free too.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As gutted already explaained, a virus is not capable of causing physical damage (frying) your motherboard.

A power surge can however. Do you have a top-quality surge protector on your system?

Even if you have a good one, it may have done it's duty and be due for replacement. Surge protectors often die silently, with no indication that they aren't protecting you anymore. even the very best surge protector is really good for only ONE incident - once the device has shunted the surge to ground it is no longer in service. It isn't like a circuit breaker that you can reset, or a fuse that can be replaced.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I, always, get notifications, on this site, that it has a virus. The notifications, usually, pops up from certain Google Ads. I've had to do back-ups on both of my computers. I guess, my spyware program wasn't good enough. I was using System Mechanic. Now, I use Malwarebytes. I have used Norton and McAfee before; but they seemed to slow my computer down.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you're back in business.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Kaspersky works good for me from AMazon.com.

I tried free anti virus for several years. I got viruses every couple of months with the free stuff.

Its not worth it.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I don't have the free version of Malwarebytes. I have the program that you have to pay for.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

My internet provider (Shaw Cable) comes with its own anti-virus software for free which I find just excellent. I've never had a problem but when I had Norton, I did have an occasional virus get through still. Plus its expensive.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I use AVG that I bought for two years. It catches things here and there that are big.

I'm so glad that you got the help you needed and that you're back up and running, on line and all. Now, how are you healing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit