Update on Lady Lee

by Dogpatch 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Lee got her computer today and is setting it up. All works but her DSL and she is beside herself. She may be back on tomorrow; gots to go down to the merchant and get their help.

Thank all of you SO MUCH. I know this is not standard protocol, but I doubt you guys will ever let any frauds in again. :-))

Freeminds.org's Treasurer is Besty (Paul Morrison) so you can ask any questions you want about our finances in this regard if you don't trust me.

peace and love,

Randy

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Nice Randy, I'm sure when LL gets back to the the forum she'll be thanking those responsible for helping her out.

She sure is having a wave of misfortune, first a bad fall then her computer died

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

If you can't trust Randy and Lady Lee, then you can't trust any one! That was kind of you to pass the hat for her Randy.

I think it's better to risk getting burned occasionally, than to let past bad experiences erode our natural generosity of spirit.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Cog I felt the same way but got blasted for defending Yizuman when he had hardships I though was legit.

I am glad the board has changed it's policy and hope anyone else that is a valued member can look forward to the boards support when they need it!

Snoozy..

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Great news! Lee is missed.

My own computer died the other day. Either a power supply or motherboard failure. But I was able to salvage my data by getting an enclosure and removing the hard drive from the PC. Whew! Anyway, I still have my laptop but I'll be getting a new desktop soon.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Very Cool Randy..

Thanks!..

............... ...OUTLAW

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Data mirroring and backup, anyone? Always a good idea.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm baaaack

got the device drivers loaded onto the computer - had some glitches with setting up the new DSL service but am running great now. I still have to load all my programs and my printer, scanner, camera, and a zillion other things.

I do keep all my files on an exteranl hard drive so all that was safe. I haven't checked yet but I am hoping my Favorites are stored somewhere on my Ext HD. I lost a bit of data but not anything that I can't replace - at least I don't think so.

I fried the motherboard in my computer - again - this one I think due to a virus so gotta get a better anti-virus program. Any recommendations? It's the free ones that are killing me.

• gutted
    gutted

Lady Lee, I would recommend AVG FREE edition, has worked great for me. Also you might want to get an anti-spyware program like "Spybot - Search & Destroy".

A virus cannot fry your motherboard, it could have been just a physical failure which tends to happen from time to time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Lee!!..

Nice to have you home..

My anti-virus is "Norton"..You can purchase it at Staples..

If you have a Credit card it would be cheaper to buy on line..

It`s totally worth it..

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit