"The FDS has lovingly given us time"

by Crisis of Conscience 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its just disgusting how these clowns try to control every minute of peoples time. Bad enough they call themselves Christs brothers, but to nag and nitpick these poor folks who finally have a little time to themselves. Disgusting.

Keep it up "faithful slave" it just means more people heading for the exits.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

CoC, I'd respond to your post, but in the immediate future the FDS has lovingly given me time to evacuate my colon.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Babble Reading at the Theocrappic Misery Stool was brought in - DARE I say it -

BECAUSE THE BORG REALISED THAT MOST WITLESSES WOULD NOT WILLINGLY PICK UP A BABBLE AND READ IT IF IT WAS NOT COMMANDED.

Witlesses HATE to think , let alone read. TUESDAY is now NINTENDO XBOX nite.

Lots of apocaliptic slaughter on the computer like the Jericho Stone axe massacre.

Now - there's a thought . OT Babble games.

Which ones do YOu think would be the biggest and bloodiest?

HB

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

So the FWN is not a designated "family study the watchtower for this sunday" night? So on FWN you study other things? Are families still having a family study? When I lived w/extended family we would have a weekly family bible study which was just a study of the upcoming WT study. Are they really regulating what kind of study families conduct on FWN?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

So the FWN is not a designated "family study the watchtower for this sunday" night? So on FWN you study other things? Are families still having a family study? When I lived w/extended family we would have a weekly family bible study which was just a study of the upcoming WT study. Are they really regulating what kind of study families conduct on FWN?

Yes on all your questions. They prefer you either do the family study, or study something else the WT has published. There's been articles that suggested practicing presentations or even learning the new songs in the songbook. They'd prefer you didn't prepare for the midweek meeting on that night. I wouldn't call it regulating per say, but COs are encouraging Elders when shepharding to inquire of how regular a family is doing the family study. Or inquire of anybody for that matter what their activities are on Tuesday(or whatever you're bookstudy night used to be) night. Here's an article on what material to consider for that special evening.

km10/08p.8PersonalandFamilyBibleStudyAreVital!

Personal

andFamilyBibleStudyAre

Vital!

As in the first century, the Governing Body has deep concern for the welfare of Jehovah’s people. (Acts 15:6, 28) As the dark clouds of the great tribulation draw closer, it is vital that every Kingdom publisher have a solid relationship with Jehovah. How will you use the time previously allocated to the Congregation Book Study? All are encouraged to use this time for family worship. Wise use of this time will permit us to dig deeper into God’s inspired Word and draw from its life-giving waters.—Ps. 1:1-3; Rom. 11:33, 34.

FamilyWorshipEvening: Family heads are encouraged to shoulder their responsibility before Jehovah to ensure that a meaningful, regular program of family Bible study is followed. (Deut. 6:6, 7) Single brothers and sisters with no family responsibilities will be able to use this time for personal Bible study and research. It is vital for all of us to ‘buy out the opportune time’ for study and meditation in order to maintain the spiritual strength needed in the face of ‘wicked days.’—Eph. 5:15, 16.

WhattoConsider: The WatchTowerPublicationsIndex or WatchtowerLibrary on CD-ROM can help you locate information that will make your Bible study periods a delight. Families may consider articles from TheWatchtower, such as the regular features “Keys to Family Happiness,” “Teach Your Children,” and “For Our Young People.” Also, Awake! contains the “Young People Ask” series and fascinating articles about the wonders of creation.

Unhurried Bible reading can impress godly principles and lessons on the minds and hearts of all in the family. (Heb. 4:12) On other occasions, you might watch and discuss one of the videos produced by the organization. There is ample opportunity for ingenuity and creativity. Why not ask your family members what they would enjoy?

WhyImportantNow: Strengthening our spirituality will prepare us to “stand firm and see the salvation of Jehovah.” (Ex. 14:13) Parents need divine guidance for raising children “in among a crooked and twisted generation.” (Phil. 2:15) Children need help to deal with the deteriorating moral climate in schools today. (Prov. 22:3, 6) Couples do well to strengthen their “threefold cord” with Jehovah. (Eccl. 4:12) Let us, then, make wise use of the time remaining to build ourselves up on our “most holy faith”!—Jude 20.

[Study

Questions]

1. What special concern does the Governing Body have for us at this time, and why so?

2. How might our personal family worship evening be arranged?

3, 4. What suggestions are offered as to material that we may use, and with what focus in mind?

5. Why is personal and family Bible study so important in our life now?

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Billy the Ex-Bethelite - CoC, I'd respond to your post, but in the immediate future the FDS has lovingly given me time to evacuate my colon.

As always, you make me laugh OUT LOUD!!

CoC

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Lovingly? Suppose we skip the other boasting sessions. These are a complete waste of time, with the latest Washtowel study being about Adam's fall into sin (a very common theme). Next week, it will be about Bible characters that remained faithful--I bet mostly Old Testament characters. That too will be a complete waste of time. And, the Circus Meeting part detailing the jargon about what a "talk", "audience discussion", and "questions and answers" means. The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has "lovingly" STOLEN that time from us.

And, what about field circus? Go out and hand out wastes of paper, most of which are going in the garbage. Go from door to door, most people not home. Complete territory, until no further results are found. Most of those contacted are not interested--again. Hand in territory, discard not at homes. Territory gets put at bottom of stack to be handed out as "fresh". Work territory again as fresh. You don't even successfully reduce the amount of work left--and you accomplish nothing worthwhile. Again, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has "lovingly" stolen that time from us.

• Dumi
    Dumi

@troubled mind

I resonate with these questions:

I wonder what it is like for the poor sister that has no family in the Org. and an unbelieving mate ? Do others include her in their family time ? Or the widow ? Or the single person new to the area w/no close relatives ?? What happens to these people ?

And the answer is simple, this is the forgotten class that nobody [especially the GB] cares about, there never was any "special arrangement" to care for these whether financially, physically or emotionally. This night must be horrible for them, as it means they will ussually spend it alone.

I used to watch an elderly widow get stranded every TMS night, as there was no one to drive her home... so she started leaving early before the meeting ends to catch the late night cab(taxi) home. I think she was reprimanded for this and some elders started taking turns to give her a ride home. This arrangement also did not last

Somuch for brotherly love...

• streets76
    streets76

Tuesday night...that's now Netflix night, right?

• onemore
    onemore

Those of you who are Conscious and trying to get your family out should use Family Worship Night to do it.

Mad : that’s an excellent suggestion; it is exactly what I did and still doing. I works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit