"The FDS has lovingly given us time"

by Crisis of Conscience 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Misery how do know what people in other denominations know about the bible? I used to think that I knew the bible too, if you're reading the nwt w/the lit you're probably not as knowledgable as you think you are.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"The FDS has lovingly given us time" You have to remember the J W mindset...

"We are a dedicated people, We pledged ourselves to God The WTS without reservation...so our time is not our own, it belongs to God The WTS. Is it not kind of them to unburden us of a meeting on Tuesday nights? But we must not miss the purpose of this Bro's , Oh no! We must use the evening for something spiritual in recognition of the great kindness....."

If we do it quick we can get it over with before the football comes on the telly !

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Giving you time? No. They do not own it. They are wasting less of your time.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I see the Witness families on my block doing more family things together on FWN . Extended family members cars are parked in front of their houses on that night . I have seen more out having ice cream and such together ...which is good especially for the families with little kids . IDK if there is a whole lot of 'worship' going on ,but as many young people there are here I imagine it is more 'movie'night than anything .

I wonder what it is like for the poor sister that has no family in the Org. and an unbelieving mate ? Do others include her in their family time ? Or the widow ? Or the single person new to the area w/no close relatives ?? What happens to these people ?

I would like to say to MLE that I was surprised after I left the witnesses how misinformed I was of other Christians . My best friend and her husband are Methodists and theystudy their Bibles a LOT . They both teach Sunday school and put in quite a bit of effort into their reseach and study for class .( I have seen their study materials and library ) They have a small group that meets in homes for Bible study every week . They did that when they lived near me and now where they live Chicago .

As a witness our knowledge of other religions is often askew . All those years I was taught how 'church' was a cold unfriendly place were people didn't really know each other and that people only acted their best on one day a week . Well I went and investigated for myself and was quite honestly put to shame for thinking that way w/o really knowing the facts .

• sherah
    sherah

FWN is a joke around these parts. Most use the extra night to catch up on sleep, laundry, tv, anything but studing WT pubs.

MLE - Not to beat a dead horse but WT members are not bible scholars. The GB has gased up the minds of it's followers to believe that they are possess special knowledge of the bible and it's prophecies. Most WT members have not read the bible in it's entirety, they can only quote scriptures ad-naseum out of context.

I live in the NE and have found many persons who are knowledgeable about the bible and other faiths in general. For many of these people, their beliefs are deeply personal. They don't feel the need to spend every waking moment discussing, proving their faith, converting folk etc. This is contrary to what the WT teaches.

• Ding
    Ding

You don't get the real purpose of FWN.

Your entire family should spend the free time the FDS beneficently grants you putting in more hours of field service.

Don't you know that Armageddon is just around the corner, you lazy and unworthy servant? :)

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Regarding the time factor, I suggest reading Carl Oloff Johnson's book "sign of the last days". It proves that we are not living in the last days. It deconstructs Jesus' signs that he gave, and showed that all of them except earthquakes were MUCH MUCH MUCH worse hundreds of years ago. Earthquakes have remained virtually the same for hundreds of years. Neither, earthquakes, food shortages, pestilences or wars are WORSE now than previously. It's all a myth.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Those of you who are Conscious and trying to get your family out should use Family Worship Night to do it.

It worked for me. We did exactly what the Borg instructs. We didn't study for meetings during that time, we read and discussed the Bible together. We stopped using Borg literature and used the Bible ALONE (I don't think the FDS would approve that part) and through it I was able to show my wife that what the Bible says is NOT what the WTS says in several places.

When my wife started praying to Jesus I knew she was free from the Borg's mental tentacles. Baby steps.

Good luck everyone!

• Ri
    Ri

Sounds like the "Agenda 21.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzEEgtOFFlM

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

When the FWN was first announced my first thought was WEH HEY - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

Any from UK catch my drift?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit