The Watchtower is now the world's largest magazine!

by life is to short 69 Replies latest jw friends

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    Jimmy Page has it right. People only take the magazines to make the Jdubs go away. No one except JWs eagerly wait the arrival of the latest edition and if the truth be known I doubt whether most of them really care that much about the latest edition. Every JW takes more than they can possibly place to make themselves look good and their closets usually full of them.
    If the public took the Watchtower magazine serious why aren't there more JWs than there are?

'I Quit' you are spot on!!!

I hardly read the magazines when I was in.

I too took more than I ever placed, waaaay more. In the end my recyclable bin enjoyed them.

3Mozzies

• life is to short
    life is to short

I quit

I totally agree where you said if the public took the Watchtower magazine serious why aren't there more JW''s.

I do not know who this magazine is that published the article I have never heard of them it was just sent to me for a very strong JW. If a dub can find anything positive about the religion they latch on to it and email it to everyone to prove that they are the chosen religion for God.

I was also interested where they said that (The Witnesses' overall income is unknown, but in 2001Newsday listed the Tract Society as one of New York City's 40 richest corporations, with revenues exceeding $950 million. )

Why not come out each year with how much they are worth. It is interesting that they were listed in the top 40 or the richest corporations in NYC in 2001.

LITS

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

in 2001Newsday listed the Tract Society as one of New York City's 40 richest corporations, with revenues exceeding $950 million. )

We're supposed to be repulsed by the excesses of Christendom, but impressed by the restored Stanley Theater. Justify that!

• flipper
    flipper

The way Jim Meyers wrote this article up- you'd almost think HE is a witness from reading the terms and expressions he uses. He HAD to just copy this info practically directly from the WT website. Because it sounds as if he's pushing or promoting the witnesses with all the figures and statistics he gives out. Pretty bizarre. They may print 25 million copies- but most of them end up in the trash or used as paper to start your fireplace. Very strange

• blondie
    blondie

"widely read"?!

Just because the WTS publishes (and perhaps distributes a few) doesn't mean they have been "read."

• Gayle
    Gayle

Wow, just think how much more AARP, Time and People could get out their mags if they had free and unquestioning labor, getting out their mags, covering their costs, leaving them at laundramats, bus stops, etc, etc.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I think Rolling Stone was the world's largest magazine, but they've reduced their size to more modest dimensions.

• Balsam
    Balsam

This always cracked me up when it was mentioned at conventions. I thought of the hundreds of magazines and books stacked on our book shelves at home and no on reading them. Then there is the tons of magazines that end up in landfills as was mentioned by others. The fact they produce all those magazines is totally worthless if their not read or that no one is even interested in them.

Balsam

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The world's largest magazine was the 100th issue of Maxim. It was constructed near Vegas out of vinyl mesh and could be seen from outer space using Google Earth. It had Eva Longoria on the cover. So there!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Balsam, If you're a car salesman you get paid when you sell they car. What do you care if the person ever drives it. I think all the WT cares about is moving magazines and books. If once in a while someone gets sucked in all the better. Another unpaid salesperson moving product.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit