Do you think the Governing Body is having internal conflicts?

by stuckinamovement 48 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Ray Franz's books reveal sometimes strong differences of opinion within the GB back in his day. I'm not so sure about serious conflicts though. I also recall Ray saying that there were cliques of GB members who would always vote the same way as some other prominent GB member, particularly Fred Franz.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Overal, it's just a man made organization like any other. Spirit directed my ass! Of course there's going to be power struggles and conflict. They're just men...

V665

• TD
    TD
    Of course there's going to be power struggles and conflict. They're just men...

Jim Penton's term, "Bare knuckled church politics" describes it well...

• JeffT
    JeffT

Who is Phillip Brumley?

I will revisit this question in a few minutes, I'm looking up something.

• JeffT
    JeffT

More questions.

What is the relationship between the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Florida? Does the name Jim Moody ring any bells?

Incidently, the Pennsylvania corp is not showing up on the Penn. Sec of States web site.

• yknot
    yknot

Philip Brumley (wife named Elizabeth) is head of the WTS legal....... (I had a huge theocratic school-girl crush on him)

I hear whispers of 3 who are in favor of keeping up the hardline (ie don't question us or off with your head), 4 moderates and 1 fence warmer....

As far as new GB.... last I heard Bethelites are still speculating on the 09' rumors of 3 new GB and 4 new Given Ones...... it evidently didn't happen this year either.

Oh well why invite more to an already crowded party.......

• agonus
    agonus

BETHEL MOLE ROLL CALL!!!

OK guys, where you at? Report immediately!

• agonus
    agonus

The Holy Spirit IS directing them.

In circles.

So it's easier for us apostates to predict their next move!

:D

• agonus
    agonus

I can hear Jehovah packing his bags for Walkill, er, Alcyone...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit