The funniest/weirdest/dumbest Disfellowshipping offences.....Share!

by oldlightnewshite 28 Replies latest social humour

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

DS, glad you are free from that! Thanks for sharing...and thanks Farkel.

Little Imp- Df at 14? Is that a record young age? Did he get back in?

• blondie
    blondie

IA, I have heard of jws as young as ten being DF'd...if they are baptized and are judged unrepentant having committed a "serious" sin, it's out the door.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

10? Wow.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I was baptized at 12 and publically reproved at 14.

Is "public reproof" still a term they use?

I should have realized at that early age that I'd never fit in. What a colossal waste of time

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I believe publicly reproved is still used as a term.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Blondie, yes he was still living at home. His older brother says that were offered to go and live with one of the brothers or be DF for associating with their parents but my husband doesn't remember that but he says no way would his parents let them live with someone else. I guess because they refused they got DF.

His parents carried on going to the meetings but travelling around to different KHs until they were reinstated. They didn't force the two boys to go with them.

His brother left home when he was 19 my husband left at 25 and moved over 100 miles away to the suburbs of London (still happily DF). However, Mum could not help interfering and asked him to take her to the meeting when she went to stay with him. She then started a campaign to get him reinstated (much against his wishes). He was then reinstated so had to start attending again but only sporadically as he worked shifts, though is mother used to keep checking that his was attending.

In 2003 we met (he was aged 44) and I attended meeting with him, we got married in 2004 and we carried on going together when his shifts permitted but gradually faded and we now haven't attended at all for almost 2 years. We also earlier this year moved 150 miles away from the last KH we attended. We are still over 100 miles from his parents and are just waiting with bated breath to see if Mum interferes again.

LI

PS There is loads more to his story and he says one rainy day he will sit down and write it and post it on this site.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

They made it easier to be reinstated because they're losing members right and left.

It's not a loving arrangement. It's one of pure strategy.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

an elder told me this (could be a fable though) a prostitute started a study and attending meetings she is at the hall one day looks at an elder and shouts out that he was one of her recent clients!

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

They would also prefer to have a few lepers in the congregation to scare the members into being good. Nothing like having to shun a few people each meeting to remind you to avoid wrongdoing and the power of the elders.

Little Imp - hoping for a rainy day soon that sounds like it will be a fascinating read.

mmxiv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit