The funniest/weirdest/dumbest Disfellowshipping offences.....Share!

by oldlightnewshite 28 Replies latest social humour

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Everybody must know of a funny/weird/dumb disfellowshipping offence. here's mine:

I moved to a new congregation and was related this story by a sister with the most deadly serious face. She said ......

A couple of years ago this guy got DF'ed because while his JW neighbour (two doors away) went out to the meeting, he stayed home and decided to rob that person of their brand-spankin' new coffee machine. The DF'ed brother broke in, lifted the shiny new machine up and away he went. A couple of hours later, he got a knock on the door. He opened it and found the neighbour Sister with a couple of elders and they didn't look too happy. He said 'what's up?'. They glared at him and pointed to the floor. There was a trail of coffee grinds from his house to the sisters house and her broken window. You're thinking... What a tw*t! -right?

After the story I laughed my arse off, but the sister who told the story was stony faced. Apparently SHE was the sister with the coffee maker, and the DF'ed guy was her brother-in-law. Don't tell anyone I told you, because it's a bad Witness and stuff like that doesn't happen in perfect JW land!

...god, we are bad people

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I heard of a situation in WA State where a group of JWs mocked a mentally challenged person...it ended up in a mini-servant being deleted, many counseled, one reproved and one disfellowshipped.

• undercover
    undercover
    I heard of a situation in WA State where a group of JWs mocked a mentally challenged person...it ended up in a mini-servant being deleted...

I guess the little servant was trying to compensate for his lack of size by making fun of a mental midget...

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I knew someone who was DF'd over "knowing" a sin was committed by a friend and never squealed.

• funnyface
    funnyface

I got DF cos I didnt see Jesus come invisably in 1914

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

An extremely faithful lifetime sister of 88 years old df'ed for driniking too much (in the privacy of her home). Her adult self-righteous grandchildren turned her in. She was the mother of "two very high-ups" in Bethel

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I think all of these stories could have been my relatives.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

A certified mentally ill guy with kleptomania was DF.

The Elduh in charge argued the Mosaic Law made no allowance for mental illness.

This divided the congo, and his family all left.

HB

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This was related to me by my ex bil. An elder lost his wife and became very depressed. He attempted suicide and wad disfellowshipped for not respecting life. Nothing like kicking someone when they are down.

• glenster
    glenster

I didn't become a baptised member of the JWs or go door to door but had some
    visit me for a while. I finally showed them what my research at the library
    turned up about the JWs leaders efforts to prove their special rules were
    established by the best evidence and reasoning as meant by the Bible, therefore
    prove their exclusiveness as the leaders of a literal 144,000.

It covered 607 BC (Carl O. Jonsson), signs of the end, what the mainstream
    beliefs about Jesus' identity were, related history, R. Franz' 1st book, etc.,
    etc. One book just showed the original contexts of quotes from research books
    the JWs leaders misrepresented as supportive of their distinctive stances.

One guy held a Xerox I gave him of Tertullian's Apology 21 and argued for
    about 15 minutes that it showed Tertullian taught a created Jesus as the "Should
    You Believe in the Trinity?" brochure indicated he did.

At the next and last meeting, the leader of the discussion wouldn't look in
    the books I had. He maintained that the JWs leaders' stance on blood was an
    absolute ban consistent with their stance on "things offered to idols." I said
    that isn't what I think it is--a matter of diplomacy around Mosaic law follow-
    ers--or the JWs leaders' stance. They just ban things offered to idols when near
    idolatrous use of them (see "Reasoning from the Scriptures")--a total ban would
    be the Jewish view. But he wouldn't change his mind.

So they stopped seeing me because I'm not Jewish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit