WT Society's Sly Guilt & Fear Tactics on Young People in Nov.15th WT

by flipper 45 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

There must be a distressing trend of witness kids putting off baptism til they're past 11-12 and then falling prey to worldly interests in their teens and escaping the punishments of the WTS. After all, they can't disfellowship you if you've never been baptized! How frustrating that must be for the elders!

BizzyBee - coerced into baptism at age 11.

• flipper
    flipper

BIZZY BEE- I was coerced into baptism at age 13 so I know what you mean. It's really a cruel joke the WT society plays on baptizing young children before they enter teen years. Once they are teenagers and develop sexual feelings it's unfair in my opinion to hold them to a stupid baptism agreement they entered at age 10 or 11. I mean- witnesses aren't allowed to marry until 18 or older- what makes them think kids age 10 or 11 are capable of making a dedication to an organization like that ? Ridiculous

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this thread up once more if any wanted to comment. Thanks

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

i am impressed so many teens are going to college in my hall my son included. the best answer to their condemnation is a succesful "worldly " life

• In
    In

I've been saying that instead of prohibiting education, they should start college campus ministries - Like Every Other Religion!!!

Encourage them to be good and educated.

Except... oh... wait... educated people begin to see through the mind control... oh...

• flipper
    flipper

EVIDENTLY APOSTATE- I'm glad to hear lots of teenagers you know & your son are going to college. That is great ! They will learn critical thinking ability to help them see through the mind control hopefully in time.

IN - Exactly. That's why the WT society WANTS it's young people to continue uneducated- so they WON'T see through the mind control. Pretty sinister of the WT society actually

• Gayle
    Gayle

compound complex, yes, that skit was based on a true story - mine - 46 yrs. ago and a true story for thousands of others.

Now, I raised 5 children and the WTS, thankfully, didn't get any of them. They all have put themselves through college and have graduated!!

• flipper
    flipper

GAYLE- I'm so happy for you that your 5 children went to college , graduated and were successful. Good for you & them

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to give this a bump if any wanted to comment. Thanks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

With what the JW religion does to children and adolescents, I am surprised they even manage to hang onto one third of those raised in the cult:

- the fact is that the JW religion is NOT family friendly.

- in practice (if not actually in word), children are dealt with like they are an encumbrance;and are expected to conform with a schedule that fully tests an adult.

In our family, my father resisted strong pressure from his JW mother to raise us children "In the Truth"; and for this, I can't thank him enough:

- I am thankful that as a result, I had a much more interesting childhood than that experienced by those unfortunates who were reared in the cult. What is so wonderful, anyway, about a life consisting of little more than attending boring, mind-numbing meetings; preparing for those same meetings (i.e. a rehash of a rehash); hawking WT literature around people's doors; and, several times a year, sitting through days of even more mind-numbing assembly programs? It is not exactly an appealing lifestyle for an adult - it must be close to torture for a small child. (My youngest certainly made that clear, when, at two years old, he was heartbroken when told that we still had two hours of the afternoon program yet to endure at the District Convention!)

However, I did get myself ensnared with the JWs during my teenage years, and (predictably!), this played merry hell with my education. The fanatics that I was involved with went one step further than stopping me from going to college (though they did that, too, of course). They even got me to abandon my apprenticeship, that I had started just 12 months beforehand. I was able to pick that up again some seven years later, although the effects that had on my family life were close to devastating - and in no small way contributed to my marriage eventually failing.

The miracle is that 100% of those raised In The Truth In The Cult don't throw it away as soon as they can.

(I have trouble finding enough unpleasant adjectives to accurately describe the experience!)

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit