WT Society's Sly Guilt & Fear Tactics on Young People in Nov.15th WT

by flipper 45 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to give this another bump up if any wanted to comment on it. Thanks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• molly1
    molly1

it's so sad that generation after generation falls prey to this cult. i reflect back to when i was a wittness and swallowed it all. no one at the time could tell me that i was being manipulated and brain washed. they do a good job of making you feel guilty for independent thinking "look what happend to adam and eve for independent thinking" etc. i remember at every assembly young ones being made to feel guilty if they were thinking of going to college when they could be pioneering and would have to answer to jehovah. the end was always just around the corner that was 35 years ago for me and they are still saying its just around the corner for that matter they have been saying that for over a hundred years. all of us who have left wish you could open the eyes of those who are being duped before they have given so much of their life for a fairy tale..... a cruel one at that. education is the enemy of the watchtower society. they must be in terror of the internet.....all the information about them at the tip of your fingers. for me i am so happy to have my mind back and have critical thinking. it's a precious thing to have freedom of thought and to question without guilt. i am so greatful that i did not spend an entire life trapped in a close minded controlling religon as so many have waiting for empty promises of a new world. they are so desperate to control the young now that they are pushing young baptism. they claim that baptism is the most important decision you will ever make more important than marriage yet you wouldn't want children or teenagers to enter into marriage. you want then to have maturity and appreciation of such a serious committment but child baptism is just a desperate attempt to try and keep control. isn't it interesting that the bible says jesus was not baptized until he was 30.

• compound complex
    compound complex

BTW, Happy Birthday, Mr. Flipper!

A particular point I'm looking for may have been posted some time ago on a related thread.

I attended last year's fall CA; in a skit, the sister playing the role of school counselor was "pressuring" the brilliant young JW sister to go to university. "Counselor" said she had taken the liberty of acquiring an application for a particular school. The young sister was appreciative but firm in her refusal to be talked into going to college.

Re: the point I'm after, I believe someone here, who likewise heard and saw this skit, stated that one applies online for college. In other words, the brothers in charge of the program don't do research to get their facts straight ...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

CoCo

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

I agree. Sometimes though they want to make their point known which is the most important thing.

Kind of like the technology skits where they show a phonebook and state that this is a technical device manual.

Really???

What was the last tech device that I used that needed a manual?

C'mon... last time that I checked, iPhones don't even have manuals...

• designs
    designs

'Teach your children well, their father's hell did surely go by.......' Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young

• flipper
    flipper

MOLLY 1- Excellent points you make ! Welcome to the board also ! Nice having you here ! The points you make are so true - I lived it too and agree with everything you say. The WT society constantly keeps young people controlled through fear of Armageddon always being just around the corner- and keep them feeling guilty about not doing more, more, more in the field service ! I also have a lot of JW family still in it who I feel sorry for that they are wasting their lives on a pipedream that will never happen. Makes me angry towards the leaders of the WT society for duping and deceiving people !

COCO- Thanks for the birthday wishes ! Appreciate it. Hope you are doing well. Yes- I'm sure the point you bring up is very correct that the WT society doesn't check about online college applications- or they would have mentioned it in the demonstration you saw about the college counselor & young witness. But definitely that demonstration you saw certainly shows the CONTROL and how the WT society tries to twist what's good into being bad and bad into being good by dissing young ones who want to go to college. Young people are made to feel evil or controlled by " Satan " if they want a higher education. My JW ex-wife told our son that his mind was being polluted and corrupted by " Satan " when he was attending college. The fear within these witnesses is incredible, isn't it ?

BOTTLEOFWATER- Good point. A person can always tell WHAT the WT society is most concerned about in controlling witnesses when you see what's in their WT study articles. It's the most important study for JW's - so the society hammers it's " needs " points home to instill fear even more !

DESIGNS- Great quote by Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young. I like their music a lot ! Very true

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

thanks flipper-a person can serve god and have a rewarding life at the same time outside the wts.young people are making right decision in leaving.the wts is like the wicked witch of the west -saying resistance is futile.

• little witch
    little witch

Think about it...All businesses use advertising to the young and impressionable. And youth is by nature impressionable...Look at the value of ten years of a Young life using brand loyalty. Yes, I said Brand loyalty...See the value? See what the tower is doing, and why? It is the "truth" and you can't get anywhere but "here".

Want to tear down the tower? Teach our young peeps about the dangers of consumerism and propoganda.

LW

• little witch
    little witch

Oh Crud,

And thanks for posting Flipper, and interesting post indeed.

LW

• flipper
    flipper

JEHOVAH SHEEP- The WT society tries to tell young people they won't be happy in the " world " outside of the witness organization - however most ALL the time young people & others are MORE happy outside the organization. And more successful !

LITTLE WITCH- Exactly what you say is true. The WT society is using propaganda & marketing schemes to manipulate & control young people and ALL witnesses to serve the WT society's purposes ! It's a huge scam which most witnesses cannot recognize. That's why we need to assist younger JW relatives we have to see through the scam and not waste their lives ! How I feel anyway

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit