An Overlooked Detail of Armageddon

by cameo-d 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary
    It is between the Christ energy that comes from the channel in the heart called the Atom Nous, and the inferior negative forces of Apollyon or Abaddon, which are there in the solar plexus.

What you forgot to mention is that Jehovah is overseeing the whole thing from His lofty throne in the Dagoba System Pleiades.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Intersting thread cameo-d. He's right. In greek it's 'topon kaloumenon hebraisti', which reads as 'place being called in hebrew'.

definitely a place NOT an event.

Mary? Dagobah System? So does Yoda allude to Jova'?

• Ding
    Ding

I have always assumed that the name of the place stands for the event, similar to the events that come to mind when we say Pearl Harbor, The Alamo, Hiroshima, etc.

• mamalove
    mamalove

This is very interesting. I never made the connection or even thought otherwise, probably because I did not listen to much when at the meetings and def not the Revalation book.

I am going to have to research this some more.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Everything I find concerning the word seems to be based on assumption or pulled out of thin air with no factual backing. And these are the things that xtian religions have hawked for years. Take for example this quote:

" The Greek represents the word "in the Hebrew tongue." Armageddon is Har-Magedon in some manuscripts. "Har" is mountain. "Magedon" could be the same as "Megiddon," the name of a Canaanite fortress from very early times. It was located in what is now the plain of Esdraelon (east part of the Valley of Jezreel) which is bordered by the ridge of Mount Carmel."

"Magedon could be the same as Megiddon". Haven't the big mouths been more assertive about this in the past? Wasn't it promoted as an absolute? And now they are taking a step back with the "could be's" and the "maybe's"?

Magedon. "Mage" refers to magicians. "Don" is the Mafia Boss. Could "Magedon" refer to a battle between the wizards of control and illusion and those who have seen behind the curtain?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow. First you say:

Everything I find concerning the word seems to be based on assumption or pulled out of thin air with no factual backing.

And then a few sentences later you outdo yourself in pulling a specious etymology out of thin air:

Magedon. "Mage" refers to magicians. "Don" is the Mafia Boss. Could "Magedon" refer to a battle between the wizards of control and illusion and those who have seen behind the curtain?

You have not explained what is wrong or problematic about deriving Harmagedón from the Hebrew hr-mgdwn "mountain of Megiddon" (remember, the author said it was a Hebrew toponym). Of course some writers are going to be measured in their statements because most things in biblical interpretation are a matter of probabilities and because all the place names in Judah/Israel are not known, it is unknown whether there was another Megiddon or place name that matches just as well. But how on earth is the match between the Greek and Hebrew names a matter of assumption without factual backing? Be specific. Is it the vowels (Magedon)? Is it the final -n? Is it the gemination of the d? As I showed above, the names match in all these features. How is that pulling things out of thin air? Is there any other candidate (a Hebrew place name) that fits as well? Indeed it isn't just a philological fit but also that Megiddo/Megiddon is a toponym found in the OT, which makes it even more likely because the author of Revelation draws most of his imagery from the OT, and it fits thematically because Megiddo is the site of battles and wars in the OT. So what makes a flight of fancy about magicians and mafia dons preferable to a well-attested Hebrew name that fits the context very well?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Leolaia:

And then a few sentences later you outdo yourself in pulling a specious etymology out of thin air:

"specious" meaning "plausible, but actually wrong".

So you are saying that "magi" is not the plural of the singular "mage"?

And are you saying that the Mafia Boss is not called a "Don"?

It's another speculation that is just as good as Megiddo, imo.

Who are these "kings" being gathered at this place? Where are their kingdoms? Are these kings currently rulers on the earth? Or are these the "kings and princes" as the future earthly rulers (as promoted by WT ?) Perhaps if we could define who the players are and what happens at this place, then we could shed more light on it's meaning and significance. Go the roundabout way.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Oh Leolaia - I just love it when you give it out like this !

Loz x

• journey-on
    journey-on

cameo...I, for one, find your investigative mind fascinating. You don't always hit it on the mark, but the manner in which you attempt to put the pieces together fascinates me. I also appreciate those like Leolaia that try equally as hard to discount your findings. Some of it comes together and some of it doesn't, but nevertheless, don't stop investigating and posting your finds and thoughts.

"Magedon" could be the same as "Megiddon,"

One of the things about the word to me is that it sounds very much like "ma'gen da'vid (Star of David). Just a passing thought for cameo to consider with her very investigative, if not conspiritorial, mind. How to you think that would fit, cammie?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

And are you saying that the Mafia Boss is not called a "Don"?....cameo-d

Are you suggesting the Bible was written in Ancient Italian?..LOL!!!!!..

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit