Online Dating: Tried It?

by daringhart13 32 Replies latest social relationships

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Has anyone tried online dating?

I travel constantly and feel like I'm only home on weekends....tough to meet anyone near me....

Any success? Waste of time?

I'm interested in getting away from years of JW women ;)

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

No, I was married as a young Dub. But I know other people who have found their partners online and they're really happy. It's a good way to meet people, especially if you're away a lot. I'd give it a try.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'm really afraid to...

V665

• asilentone
    asilentone

you can meet some women in grocery stores, coffee shops, restaurants. If you like a waitress, give her a nice tip and a business card.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

AS1, does that really work? Just wondering...

V665

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes it will work if you have an idea that a waitress really likes you. All waitresses are supposed to be nice, but you should know the difference between nice and interested in you.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think my husband would like it.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Like everything it has its pros and cons. It does help you meet people you would normally never meet. I never really joined an on-line dating service,but I met someone on-line. I would have never met him otherwise.

But, it couldn't hurt to try,just make sure the first time you meet the person,you do it in a public place. And don't give out too much information at once, until you feel you can truly trust the other person.

My relationship didn't work out,and we recently broke up after a year and a half,but that doesn't mean you won't have success.

Mr. Flipper and his wife met on-line.

So, just consider it another way of meeting people,but don't give up on meeting people the old-fashioned way either,like across a crowded room. lol

• White Dove
    White Dove

Never tried it.

Picking up servers in restaurants? Yup, it works if you aren't sleazy about it.

Remember my thread about that? Take a lesson and NEVER mention how you bite...no, not really but you nibble. Never say that or repeat ad nauseum the word "heat" before or even on a first date.

The guy who wanted me to pet/stroke his duck in the park left his name and e-mail address on a card in my car window. I responded.

It works.

• asilentone
    asilentone

daringhart, Order some liquor on the plane and give a stewardess a very nice tip and a business card if you have an inkling she likes you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit