Who was a squeaky clean dub?

by Marilyn 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I'm wondering if the majority here were seriously conservative squeaky clean dubs? I know I was. I took the whole thing very seriously. There seems to be such a fun element here - I can't imagine everyone being those dull folk all decked out in their WT uniform with accompanying plastic expressions.

Marilyn

• AlanF
    AlanF

I guess I was. At least, until a couple of years after 1975. Later on, JukieF corrupted me real bad.

AlanF

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

I was...

And one pompous ass too...

• rem
    rem

Same here. I was one selfrighteous prick, alright!

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • Prisca
    Prisca

I was. Never smoked, never took drugs, was moderate with alcohol, never fooled around with guys, always dressed modestly, never swore, didn't even have a bet on Melbourne Cup day.

Still much the same, except that I don't have the noose of the elders hanging over my head if I change my mind.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Isn't it interesting that the WTS insist that laws are needed to keep the R&F in line? Remember how Jesus condemned the Pharisees for that, yet here we find that those who enjoy freedom also display virtue. Why? It comes from the heart, something which the WTS proclaim but don't display.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• LB
    LB

I was for a couple of years. But in all honesty I wasn't doing all that many things against Borg rules before I became a dub. I think all I really gave up was the lottery and voting. The cursing thing, well, I gave that up 99% of the time. So that's what, one curse word out of 100?

Kept those school talks short........

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Ozzie, it's an interesting point you make. I am no prude, but I'm still quite conservative in my attitudes. I haven't done anything I feel quilty about in years - damnit!!!

Alan F. That JulieF is a wicked, wicked woman. You had to know what you were getting yourself in to? Me thinks you two are well suited!

• Xena
    Xena

Well I wasn't a firm believer, but I played by the rules...no R movies..no short skirts or lowcut tops...no over indulgence in booze..no smoking..no drugs...uuumm ok a white lie every now and then (usually about my time out in service)...no flirting...no dirty dancing...no cursing...so do I qualify as a squeaky clean dub?

lol I actually had someone tell me I dressed like a pioneer (cringing now!!!)

uuummm In case you can't tell I have made just a few changes...

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I was a little wild...

I had no dub friends. I had one worldly friend. She introduced me to beer at age 16. I got busted in a bar with her and a group of high school kids. We then just drove around and drank...

I did not do drugs 'til I was 19. My mother insisted I must be getting high, so I figured, what the hell, I might as well try! It took awhile for my friend to believe I was willing to break my vow to not try illegal drugs. It was fun! LSD was wild. Very strange...

I did not sleep around 'til college. I lost my virginity at age 19 also. I met a guy at college and I fell for his lines hook, line and sinker.

After college, I became very conservative. No time to do things like that. I had a responsible job and I wanted to make money!

I still cannot figure out why I was not DF'd and allowed to drift away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit