Who was a squeaky clean dub?

by Marilyn 36 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Marylin, sorry to say I am not Australian. Shit encompasses all continents huh? No, I live in the good ole US of A.

I try so hard to get rid of the anger. When does it end?

• Sherri
    Sherri

RedHorseWoman: Your first paragraph sounds like it could've been written by me, and the second not far off. It's amazing to me how many similar experiences/feelings we have all had.

I was a goody two-shoes as well, from the time I was first introduced to the WT (about age 10) until I left at 27 (with a brief hitch in the middle--one of these days I'll put it in Personal Experiences).

I wanted to please God so badly that I tried really hard to do _everything_ by the book. Paradoxically, the "better" I was, the more aware I was of my "failings". Stress kept piling onto stress until I just had to get some relief. First, I stopped pioneering. Hey, that wasn't so bad, so I thought maybe I'd miss a few meetings and cut field service down to once a week. In about six months, I was out, with all the new problems that brings. It took years to sort out, but leaving was the best thing I could've done--though I now feel a bit guilty for not feeling guilty.

Reach out! Take a chance! Get hurt, even. But play as well as you can. Go team, go! Give me an 'L.' Give me an 'I.' Give me a 'V.' Give me an 'E.' L-I-V-E. LIVE! Otherwise, you'll have nothing to talk about in the locker room.--Maude (Harold and Maude)

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Oh, I was squeaky clean all right. I didn't do anything wrong. I was very conservatively dressed. As much as tried I never had any Witness friends. I did have one worldly friend, who is my best friend to this day.

It was only a few months ago when started smoking, drinking, and a few weeks ago I started having sex. Life is sooooo good now!

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

WoW!

I seem to be the only one who broke all the 'rules.' I apparently did not believe all the crap back then, so, WTF.

I am embarrassed I told what I did.

On the brighter side, my reckless youth ended when I started working full time. No money or time to party.

• DIM
    DIM

i've never been squeaky clean (well maybe for about 9 months when i got baptized)....nothing too bad, but certainly not up to the standards of your average brainwashed JW. All details are in my head and won't be revealed here...

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey puffs, don't feel bad, i was not a good dub either. i partied and carried on like a "worldly" kid when i could get away with it you are not alone in that.

• SYN
    SYN

I was a rebel and a half! About a year after I got baptized, I started really letting rip...slept with a couple of women, went to nightclubs (damn hard to get into them tho) and went to lots of houseparties.

I never smoke or drank tho, I just find both activites unbelievably disgusting! Sex, on the other hand...

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit