What music did you have to throw out when you was still in your teens?

by BlackTwisted 20 Replies latest jw friends

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

My Mom blacked out Marilyn Manson's name and song on my compliation CD with a black marker. I guess that made it safe?

I remember being at a CA and they condemned listening to any band that had the word "gun" in it...even if paired with the name of a flower to make it sound nice. I was like....ooooooohhhhhh Guns N' Roses....my Dad has that CD. He didn't get rid of it.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Two albums. The presiding overseer was at my house on a friendly visit. He saw these two album jackets out, as I had just played them the previous night

He said that they were "demonized"

He being an elder and a friend, and me being a pussy, I got rid of the albums. He probably expected me to burn them and watch the evil spirits fly out of the flames, and then report back to him, but I gave them to my best (wordly) friend.

I've since bought the CDs. I play them occasionally. Good fucking music. The demons seen to be keeping their distance

John Fogerty/Eye Of The Zombie

Blue Oyster Cult/Fire Of Unknown Origin

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I never through out any music in my teens, even though I was born in, but by the time I hit my 20's

I through out my Blue Oyster Cult collection several times.

I got it all back now, and they are my favorite group.

I usually get to see them sevral times a year.

Buck Dharma lives the next county over from me and the keyboard player lives

in the same neighborhood I do. Tommy Zvoncheck.

My good friend from kingdomb hall days who used to live next door to me his band

has played in bars and Buck has come in and played with them.

My goal is to get Buck to come and Jam with my band.

Tommy ZVoncheck said he would play with my band whenever I want to book him.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Here's a funny story.

As a teenager, I loved Pink Floyd. Dark Side Of The Moon got me very interested. Wish You Were Here got me hooked. By the time The Wall came out, I was a devoted fan

I looked into Pink Floyd's origins and found a double album called "A Nice Pair". It was a compilation of two previously released albums, "A Saucerful Of Secrets" and "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn". The title of the album was also a double entendre. Two LPs and some nice tits on the front and back of the album cover

These are the front and back covers of the album, as well as the inside panels. When I bought the album, around age 14, I put black electrical tape over the breasts on the front and back, so as not to offend my mother, in case she happened to look through my LPs.

I still have the very same LP. It still sounds great. I removed the tape long ago. And there is still a yellow discoloration over those pretty black and white nipples

• Violia
    Violia

My parents were very strict and I was just not allowed to buy any music. The wildest I got was watching American Bandstand after school.

After I married I got into Meat Loaf .The Bat Out Of Hell( BOOH for fans) was so scary and evil per wts, that I acutally got rid of an original album. Thank goodness one of my kids found one at a garage sale for me years later.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Violia,

I watch "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel. Last night, a guy came into the store to sell an original LP of Bob Dylan's "Self Portrait" album. Because it was in pretty good shape, he got $50.00 for it

I have all of Meat Loaf's albums

I've got over a 1,000 LPs. I may be sitting on a goldmine.

As most women are

That was a joke

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Let's see. Def Lepard, Megadeth, Metallica, Guns N' Roses, and... *ahem*... winger . Some other ones along those lines. I also threw out my Garbage Pail Kids cards. This I did myself, my parents didn't really care, but like soze's brother I went through a zealous phase.

• Quentin
    Quentin

My dad was odd...long as I made all meetings, fs, so forth, he would gripe about my music, books, movies, BUT never told, or ordered me to get rid of anything. Those were the days of Jefferson Airplane, Savoy Brown, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Bob Dylan, so forth. Was able to keep everything, which I did for many years. All have been replaced with CDs. The original vinyle 45' and 78s would be worth lots of money

• simon17
    simon17

I can recall throwing out the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" album, Nirvana's "Nevermind"

Thats crazy... the only two CDs I ever threw out were these two and this is the first post in the thread. Never bought them back... i should... "Could Have Lied" and "Breaking the Girl" are awesome songs!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I never threw out any albums.

They probably wouldn't have liked my Siouxsie & the Banshees and Rush albums.

I went to an OMD concert and someone in the hall asked me if the "D" stood for Devil. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit