10 years since My Exit - The Introduction

by Amazing 36 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

cool, I'm looking forward to it.

don't worry about detractors amazing-I'm pretty interested in reading about it.

ashi

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy y'all,

Always pros & cons, eh? There is a forum for Personal Experiences. It really might help people to have all of these in one area, where they could be read by people, new & forever, here.

Howdy Amazing

I've read your experience given about your children - just asking them questions to make them think about situations - and then coming to conclusions by themselves. Like any good teacher does.

To be able to bring your whole family out of the organization with you is no little accomplishment! Congratulations - you and your intact family deserve it.

I'll look forward to your upcoming chapters.

waiting

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It's pretty tough to comment on the ego thing without actually knowing a person. Although, I will say that you're writing is almost as good as mine, so a certain amount appears to be justified (heh, heh).

Personally, I like reading your stuff, and am looking forward to reading the series. I don't care where it's posted. I treat all the boards as one unit.

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Amazing,

Please write your story. Write it one chapter at a time if that is the best and easiest way for you to do it. Good and bad, don't leave anything out.

I can't tell you what courage the stories of former JW escapes from the WTS gives me. It helps me to know how lucky I am.

Looking forward to your first chapter....

Sunny

• Amazing
    Amazing

Eric:

I have no axe to grind with Amazing other than he remains a pompous gas-bag, no matter how far he pitches himself from his watchtower nest.
    When a person reads something wihtout knowing a person ... the tones imputed come from the reader. I do it, and it is hard to resist. So, if you read a tone of pompousness, it is how you view the person, and not who the person necessarily is.

I look forward to his 15 part series, spanning the crucial three years of his angst and indecision, to say nothing of the previous three years of his indecisive dithering.
    From June 1989 when I read C of C until I made the decision to leave in December 1991 was 2 years 6 months. After working with my family, I walked away in May 1992, 5 months later. The subsequent angst from May 1992 until July 1995 was not about my decision to leave ... no dithering ... but about trying to leave quietly as opposed to being forced into being DA'd. It is still part of the exit. And it is something that affected me deeply.

May his talent in relating his endless oddessey not go unnoticed on this forum. May his words reach so deeply that we never forget that it took him half a decade to make up his mind.
    Not half a decade ... but 2 years, and 11 months to leave. As for endless oddessy ... then don't read it ... you seem to have a dual with yourself here ... you look forward to something that you consider endless oddessy. Which is it? Tell us how you left the JWs ... and how superior and better your way was ... and show how the Eric was is better ... that is fine by me as long as it helps Lurkers.

Hopefully, less for him to tell us about it.
    Then, again ... please don't bother your mind with my posts ... move on to those who you feel are better, and serve your needs more ... or make your own posts and state what you wish ... we are all equal here ... and it is an open forum ... take your pick.
  • jukief
    jukief

Eric, I know Amazing personally and my husband has known him for a long time. I can assure you he doesn't have an "amazingly bloated ego." I don't know where you get off making such absurd comments. You really should think before you open your mouth.

Amazing, I'm very much looking forward to your posts. I don't read this board very often (because of immature and rude behavior like Eric's), but these types of personal experience are extremely useful and interesting. My parents are suffering through the experience of sitting on the fence, so to speak, so they won't end up losing their JW children. They've been criticized for their position, and the situation is making their "golden" years very painful for them. I'm sure that they'll find your experiences helpful; they may even get some pointers for how to deal with my JW siblings (especially my Nazi-elder brother). Thanks so much for going to all the work to write it down.

Julie

• JBean
    JBean

Hi Amazing... I'm looking forward to reading your experiences... chapter by chapter. : ) Could someone please direct me to the thread about how Amazing got his family out? I'm so scared to begin the process with mine, but I believe I must. Thanks in advance... Jbean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit