10 years since My Exit - The Introduction

by Amazing 36 Replies latest jw friends

• GoldDustWoman
    GoldDustWoman

Amazing, I look forward to reading more of your writings.

Eric, you most obviously have an ax to grind with Amazing. You think he has a big ego?? Ok, fine. Big deal. Consider the board enlightened.

A large number of threads on the main forum could also be argued to belong more appropriately on the Personal Experiences forum. Two of which YOU posted to today. And lo and behold! What you shared was.....PERSONAL! Not one whisper from you that either of those threads belongs in a different forum. So, give it a rest!

Faithful2jah,

You're kidding me, right??

I am willing to venture that what has touched the vast majority of people on this forum is when we share about ourselves and our experiences. How we cope, what injustices were done, what we did, what we didn't do, what we learned, how we are better now.

Sharing ideas and issues?? Yes, that is of utmost importance. However, when the day is done, it is how we are affected PERSONALLY and how we affected others PERSONALLY, is what makes the difference in how people move on with their lives after they have left "God's organization". I know you probably don't understand that concept. That's ok. You just keep selling your rags and turning in your time cards, and I'm sure you'll get that coveted ticket to paradise.

Andee

• AMAZINGEX
    AMAZINGEX

Eric--You obviously don't know Amazing very well at all. He is the most humble person I know.

If you don't like his posts, don't read them. I seriously doubt any one is forcing you to read his every word.

• Eric
    Eric

bigboi:

I said:

First off, there is a forum on this board where everybody posts their personal experiences. Not surprisingly its called the personal experiences forum. Can you think of any reason why you would not post this series there?
    Well, there is also a forum to air disagreements. Perhaps u could have started a thread in the Adults and Disagreements forum, yes?
    I should respond to a response to a response in a separate forum? How would anybody follow anything?

Amazing:

and it is a good thing that I have walked the road of life enough to spot people like you ...
    I cannot possibly post any rebuttal that could key on your self-centered worldview than the above quote.

Eric

• Faithful2Jah
    Faithful2Jah

Andee: You told me to "keep selling your rags and turning in your time cards"

I'm an ExJW. My screen name means I am "Faithful to Jehovah." It does not mean I am faithful to a bunch of men who falsely claim to be his spokesmen. So get off my case.

• larc
    larc

So Eric,

It is self centered and egotistical for someone to write a book about their life experiences??? People write books all the time about their life, so what is wrong with that? Please tell me.

Eric, do not be jealous of those who have more talent than you. It is not becoming.

• Faithful2Jah
    Faithful2Jah

As I recall, when Amazing was a JW he claimed to be of the anointed. Now when I was a dub, not too long ago, it was my experience that many of those who claimed to be "of the anointed," at least the younger ones, were usually people who were pretty full of themselves. I think there were also a few who did so because they really did have a close relationship with God and Christ, and as true Christians they somehow inherently knew that the JW's two classes of Christians doctrine is a bunch of baloney, and that all true Christians are anointed with God's Spirit and will one day rule with Christ.

I would like to think that Amazing was one of the latter group of JW younger anointed ones I just mentioned. However, the fact that he now no longer even believes in God makes me seriously doubt that he was once one of the few true Christians in the Watchtower organization. That leaves those who were pretty full of themselves.

But I guess Amazing could be one of a third group, an exJW who was, when he was a JW, a true Christian, who has now fallen away from Christ. Unless, of course, you believe in the doctrine of "once saved always saved." If you do then I guess Amazing gets bumped back into the full of himself catagory.

I hope you have a sense of humor, Amazing. : )

• ladonna
    ladonna

Amazing,

I am with the majority. Please post your experiences, but don't underrate yourself, your story may be worthy of publication. What those like "Eric" fail to understand is that we others learn from such experiences.

Your synopsis appears enticing to any XJW. Please post it for those of us that need and want to read experiences of others that have come so far.
    Warm Regards,
    Ana

Eric,
    No Comment. Not worth the pixels and bandwidth.

Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste.
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Eric
    Eric

larc,

Well I'm taking quite the beating here aren't I?

Yes, people write autobiographies all the time. Sometimes they are even useful as examples, sometimes useful as dire warnings. I have no axe to grind with Amazing other than he remains a pompous gas-bag, no matter how far he pitches himself from his watchtower nest.

I look forward to his 15 part series, spanning the crucial three years of his angst and indecision, to say nothing of the previous three years of his indecisive dithering. May his talent in relating his endless oddessey not go unnoticed on this forum. May his words reach so deeply that we never forget that it took him half a decade to make up his mind.

Hopefully, less for him to tell us about it.

Eric

• cellomould
    cellomould

The simplest way to end thread hijacking is to ignore the hijackers...

Amazing, I would love to hear your stories
    all 15

If anyone spends more time criticizing you than reading your posts, well, that's on them.

cellomould

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Amazing,

Rise above all this.

This month you have been the verbal dart-board, next month it could be anyone else with an opinion. Once Erich starts a post of his own, it may even be him.

The nature of these Boards is that you are judged on words not deeds, and that makes them about as far removed from reality as Winston Churchill in a pink tutu.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit