The Annointed - how do they know?

by Listener 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

This reminds me of "Invisible Boy" in the movie "Mystery Men":

Shoveler: So, let me get this straight. You do have the ability to become invisible? Invisible Boy: Yes. Shoveler: But you can't give us a demonstration? Invisible Boy: No. I can only become invisible when noone's watching. Shoveler: So, you're only invisible to yourself? Invisible Boy: Oh, no. If I look at myself, I become visible again. Furious: So...you can only become invisible when absolutely nobody is watching you? Invisible Boy: Yes. Raja: Um, do forgive our incredulity, but um...I'm wondering how you can be certain you've acheived transparency at all? Invisible Boy: Well, when you go invisible...you can feel it. Furious: Okay, I'm leaving. 

Nuff said...

V665

• jam
    jam

I ask my sister that question, her response, I do not have A desire or hope to live on earth.I look

forward to rule in heaven with God. She have pass on. Questions, (1) First in Rev.14;4 These who have not defiled

themselves with women, for they are chaste, ok how can that be figurative? (2)according too JW view, she

is ruling in heaven now (feel sorry for her ex-JW husband, he was abusive).So how long will they rule in

heaven? After the 1000 yrs. when everyone moves to perfection on earth there will be no need for

rulers, they will be out of Job, and yes that is A job, ruling over 7 million brain dead witless people.

• caliber
    caliber
    These who have not defiled

themselves with women, for they are chaste, ok how can that be figurative
    ?

"These are they which were not defiled (corrupted) with women (the man made false teachings& leadership,Christ only is their leader); for they are virgins (untainted). These are they which follow (accept the guidance or leadership of) the Lamb (the Messiah/Christ) The Christ is like their husband

They are the bride of Christ only !

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

"These are they which were not defiled (corrupted got drilled in butt) with women (the man made false teachings& leadership,Christ only is their leader with strap-ons); for they are virgins (untainted didn't get pegged). These are they which follow (accept the guidance or leadership of) the Lamb (the Messiah/Christ do just like Jesus did and hang out with 12 other guys, talking about love, wandering around the country, taking boat rides and eschewing the company of women)

Wow. Baseless interpretation is more fun than I thought!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

What begs the question?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

notverylikely,

everything begs the question. eom.

Well that wasn't helpful. I am wondering if you know what begging the question means...

• caliber
    caliber

Searching and thinking cannot harm you.... only trying to pound a thought in or out of anothers head can do that

• caliber
    caliber

Begging the question" is a form of logical fallacy in which a statement or claim is assumed to be true without evidence other than the statement or claim itself
    A simple example would be "I think he is unattractive because he is ugly." The adjective "ugly" does not explain why the subject is "unattractive" -- they virtually amount to the same subjective meaning, and the proof is merely a restatement of the premise. The sentence has begged the question

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace! I think some here are referring to the FRUITS of the spirit (i.e., love, joy, peace, faith... etc.); however, I am speaking of the GIFTS of the spirit... which are not the same thing... and which MANIFEST that one has in fact RECEIVED holy spirit. For those who need to see it in writing, such gifts are listed in the 12th Chapter of Paul's 2nd letter to the Corinthians... which you may know as "1 Corinthians."

Again, I bid you all peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit