This Weekend YOU Should Be Out In Service!

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It's Saturday morning and I'm at work playing on my computer. How much better than knocking on doors!!!!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Me, too, minimus. But it's such a beautiful morning, I'm feeling a bit nostaligic for the old days....rushing around getting my book bag ready, trying to drag the kids up and dressed, and waking up a shift worker at 10:00 am with a very "important message".

• minimus
    minimus

OMG! I'm getting SICK now!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Oh, minimus, you have brought back some beautiful memories. Now I'm thinking of those frieezing Saturday mornings... I'm wearing a dress and the cold fridgid air is blowing right up to my *#@&&, and my hands are so cold I can hardly hold the WT and Awake as I chatter off my offer of a life-changing opportunity. Ahhhh...memories.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

And we start on a street and the first door opens and they're 'not interested' and we know they're gonna ring all the neighbours to warn them we're around....so we end up witnessing to closed doors and angry dogs....then a car pulls up ...oh its the happy jolly service overseer who is going on 'calls' and encourages us to carry on and find the 'sheeplike' ones....and the hands get blue and the kids start moaning...oh yea right...good times...thanks for the reminder Minimus

Loz x

• cantleave
    cantleave

First Saturday of the month, is the congregation combined field service, all the congregation meet in one area of the territory. Always an exciting event .

• minimus
    minimus

I miss watching the Pioneer Shuffle. Who can walk the slowest?

• journey-on
    journey-on

My memories are going back even farther now to when I was about 12 or 13. My heart is beating in panic that I'm going to knock on someone's door that I go to school with!! What if it's R.S. (the worldly boy that's sooooo awesomely cute that I just can't stand it). OMG! If he answers the door I'll just die!!!!!

• Think About It
    Think About It

How ridiculous it was that we did this before in our lives. We absolutely believed we had a life saving message and that Jesus & the Angels were with us. We thought our partisipation in peddling WT's & Awakes helped lead to everlasting life. Those WTS old men in Brooklyn really had us convinced. That life seemed so long ago, yet I can still remember it vividly. Parents would do better to get there kids involved in Saturday morning youth sports or family activities.

Think About It

• minimus
    minimus

Saturday morning cartoons are better!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit