This Weekend YOU Should Be Out In Service!

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

And You Dear chocolate friend should be melting in a mouth, not in a hand!

LOL

LW

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

find the 'sheeplike' ones...

sheeplike=gullable? vunerable?

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

LOL!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "This Weekend YOU Should Be Out In Service!"

MINIMUS!!!

You naughty red dot!!! Stirring up trouble again, eh??? bouncing red dot

Zid

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

How much will you pay me for this? LOL!

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

The thread stopper wins again!

• wiser
    wiser

Ding, you have an excellent idea. Find out who the witnesses are studying with and visit each person letting them know the real truth. Personally, I would have appreciated such a visit.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This Saturday morning I got up a bit later than usual, made breakfast, watched a bit of news and other stuff on TV with spouse; then, leisurely and peacefully we both got ready to go out on service.

The car group of brothers/sisters we all had a wonderful time, laughed, shared experiences, told stories, etc. It was very, very nice, and felt as if I did what I as a Christian was supposed to do.

Service, meetings, gatherings with my co-worshippers all comes with ease and naturally. The older I get, the more I understand and appreciate the Organization.

DY

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember that waste of my time. I worked evenings including many weekends, so I did my field circus during the middle of the week. I would work Sunday evening, and Monday. Tuesday I had a boasting session, and was off for that. Because they knew I was off, they expected me to do field circus every Wednesday morning. The same thing for Thursday evenings--they expected me out in field circus Friday morning.

What I would like is interesting weather. Trouble is, it took a lot to keep those cockroaches from showing up. I have seen them show up in heavy rain, dense fog, snow, and very high winds (anything more than 40 MPH, which is enough to blow a rag out of your hands and send it to another yard). I would hope for no one to show up, but 90% of the time they had someone sitting in the car before I even got there. They would just sit in the car and watch me go in about 5 minutes before the group is supposed to meet, and wait until it was time to spoil my no-show. Others would straggle in about 15 minutes late, coffee in one hand and their circus bags in the other. At which point, my hope is for sluggish egress from the group.

All this is for a pointless waste. You go in the same circles all the time, working the same streets and finding the same people not home each time. They would typically work a territory until no further results came from it, then hand it in so someone else can get the exact same territory out a few months later. The work is endless, and kept repeating with no sense of actually doing anything worthwhile. Sometimes I would get a call, only to never find them again or having them discontinue the rags. For all that, I had nothing to show.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

there's nothing quite like walking around in the pissing,freezing rain banging on doors finding no one in for 2/3 hours at a time, oh I miss it so much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit