Do you think your leaving makes it easier for others to leave, too?

by dgp 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• yknot
    yknot

Little Witch...... thank you for your kind and encouraging words...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    OTWO
    I think the biggest hold the tower has is family...what a tough nut to crack....We love and bond as family....May You be blessed with strength and lead with a torch.

Thanks, Little Witch. Thanks a bunch. I will carry on with a bright torch.

• minimus
    minimus

I don't know of anyone that left because of my departure but I know of many that wondered what could have possibly made me, with my reputation, just up and go. It got people talking and thinking, I'm sure.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yes it has. I have a female relative who wants to leave the JWs when she's old enough and she knows she can because she's seen me in my exit.

She also knows she'll have my full support which is invaluable to someone who leaves the JWs. I know her mother will oppose her leaving the JWs so my relative will need all the help she can get.

And I'll be here for her.

• flipper
    flipper

DGP- Very good thread. I think you make some very good points. I feel that, yes, we can influence other JW relatives or friends to get the courage to leave or stop attending meetings if they have doubts. I feel I may have influenced my nephews and nieces to stop attending. That being said - still EACH person whether family or friend has to deal with their individual circumstances in their exiting- even if we influenced them to leave. One person's shunning experience may have different variables involved which another person may not experience. But, yes indeed- I think we make it easier by giving our JW relatives courage- and as you said they know we will be there for them nce they exit. Which is definitely a good thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit