first post

by antes8080 31 Replies latest jw friends

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Hello Antes.

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Even if you've only been visiting here occasionally, "they" have obviously not "convinced" you of anything.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome

I have never been very convincing.......

• antes8080
    antes8080

i been in the org sense i was born.. baptize for 15 years... was a ms for 4 years.. i go to spanish cong...

• Think About It
    Think About It

Welcome Antes and glad you finally started posting. Just continue to read and post now that you can. There are several active JW's who are regulars on this board.

Think About It

• I quit!
    I quit!

Welcome antes8080

I see a glimmer of hope for the Watchtower when someone can come here for five years and still think the Watchtower may be right.

Stick around and eventually you'll get it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN. One thing you'll learn here is that most of us don't have an "us against them" philosophy. While many of us here have a shared experience with a pattern of abuse in one form or another dealt out by the Watchtower, we have no need to convince anyone of anything except that everyone is worthy of a hearing ear, empathy, and in some cases, advice.

I have experienced, heard, and seen so much abuse within the organization that I am firmly convinced that God has little to nothing to do with the Watchtower. Apparently the same has not happened to you, for which I am grateful. Stick around. There are lots of interesting people here.

Gregor and Outlaw, you guys are too much, LOL!

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome. This place is full of interesting people with stories to tell. Whether you are convinced or not, you will find their comments thought provoking. i'd love to hear you story too.

• wobble
    wobble

BIG WELCOME ANTES !!!

Ask away with any questions you may have, we are pleased to help you to find answers, we are not here to make your mind up for you, that is your job.

By the way, Cantleave, you have convinced me, you ARE a...... LAEDEY !

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't think this website is all that "convincing." Probably, you would be better off at freeminds.org and jwfacts.com. You might try reading a few books:
    CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE and IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM by Raymond Franz
    CAPTIVES OF A CONCEPT by Don Cameron
    COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL by Steven Hassan

Otherwise, keep sticking around. This place is really a support group for people that have realized that Jehovah's Witnesses do not have the truth. Still, all are welcome, even those who have not realized that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit