OK, Winter Sucks

by LB 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• LB
    LB

I'm up in Oregon after spending way too many years in CA. Yes the weather was great there, but, nothing else was.

I'm planning on heading to FLA next winter, for a couple of months. I plan to hook up the 5th wheel and drag my toys across the states. Enough is enough!

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I LOVE YOUR HOUSE both ways...CALIF weather is okay if you aint boiling and it used to be inexpensive $$wise, PGE--oh well I have had enough of where we have been off and on for 20 yrs now--oh not to mention air quality too and the crappy water chuke full of oil sediments==oh to dream to re-locate our butts at least outa KERN COUNTY --one thing that is good the last 10 years have been XJW apostate/observe holidays and the like and in 1996 I made it through a biggy stroke...ONE DAY AT A TIME and PROGRESS not PERFECTION..HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

• terafera
    terafera

LB, I'm in Anchorage. Wasilla is not very far from here.. just across the inlet! Any of em xJW's? I might know them.. but then again maybe not, I really didn tknow too many Wasilla Witnesses.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

The house looks great in both seasons. Here in New England we've gotten almost no snow this year. Last year was great, though, and I was out on my snowshoes almost every evening.

This is a good time to load up the old woodstove and grab a book or some crafts and just get cozy.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Winter rules. love winter cant get enought snow. To bad we don't have any this year. Sux

terafera i been to Anchorage a few times. good skiing up there. I stock in the trunagin arm becuz of avolanches...

• LB
    LB

Tera they are current JW's in Wasilla. Almost became ex's. But they are not regular attenders. They were treated pretty badly here in Oregon but seem to be into up there right now.

Nicest people you'd ever want to meet. Those kids are so well behaved. We really loved them.

• terafera
    terafera

LB, I'm glad your friends are doing well in Wasilla. That town is nice, but too small for me!

That got me to wonderin.. I know a Gary Van Tyle that moved to Washington or Oregon.. his father was an elder who got DF'd recently, or so I heard.. anyone know him?

• LB
    LB

Dont know Gary Tera, sorry.

• epicurius
    epicurius

Love winter, hate the cold though.Front yard has 24" of the white stuff, just great for snowmobiling. Downside is that the temp. has been -36 celsius for most of the day.To cold to sled, but also to cold for annoying knock on the door!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit