JW woman dies in car accident out in the "work"--where was the holy spirit?

by blondie 84 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

maybe there was a reason jehovah allowed that

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Blondie, I think this thread has brought out some honest posts and raises an important topic so thank you for starting it. I understood this thread to be about how do JW's respond to tragedy while engaged in faithful service. I want to know WHY?

Anyone who knows the family affected or had something similar happen with their family or friends will be deeply saddened by this accident. My deepest sympathies go out to those affected.

If it offends some to debate beliefs on this particular thread then please start a new one because there is a real debate to be had.

I think it is incredibly strange how even some of the most faithful of JW's will believe something that goes against what the WTS says. I've heard so many JW's explain near misses as the holy spirit protecting them, yet when tragedy does strike it's an unexplained occurence. Why is this?

Is this a consequence of what they pray for - i.e. if they pray for a good outcome and it happens as desired then they can ascribe this to the prayer? Do they want to feel like they can have control over such things or are safely protected?

Even though the WTS has stated that JW's are not protected from harm by the holy spirit even if they are on service, is this a contradiction to all those experiences in the WT & Awake over the years that tell of holy intervention? Is it a result of the WTS's own more subtle propaganda: any tragedy = Satan's fault and anything good that happens is a result of Jah?

Any thoughts welcome

MMXIV

• tec
    tec

By the way, please don't reference this post if I say something vile to any of you on here LOL.

Oh, you can't get out of that one :)

But eloquent post.

Tammy

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Well I stick by what I said at any rate, I think some of you missed the satire and irony of it and that was surely the intention of the less than gushing variety of comments posted by some of us.

It was meant to point up the irony of the fact that the WTS paints a rose tinted view of the WTS world and we get experiences all the time some even in WT study articles about Gods protection on those in the ministry or otherwise "putting the Kingdom 1st". It is listed as a BENEFIT of doing so FFS! We are so programmed by the WTS to this thinking that when tragedy occurs we can find ourselves casting doubts on the persons faithfulness or conduct or standing with Jehovah, its an unwritten consequence of the above viewpoint and indoctrination to do so. It is not a conscious choice, it is the result of the programming. Very sad, but very true.

I for one am deprogramming myself from that kind of nonsense and from all the other WTS nonsense as well. It's ironic that the more "spiritual" you are, the more of a judgemental prick you are also isnt it? Looking back I can see this was the case with me. I even quit being friends with someone because they stopped coming to meetings and I told him to his face my descision. I cringe now when i think about it. This religion messes with your head that is for sure.

Causing offence was not on the agenda in my case, if it did then i apologise for it.

Cheers

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    Ya, but sweetie, we should be better than that. I hate the religion but the people who are in it are still human beings and some family is now grieving the loss of someone they loved. Remember how pissed off we all were when Danny Haszard pepper-sprayed those two elderly Witnesses who came to his door? It doesn't mean that we still don't hate the religion, but they didn't deserve what he did. I agree that many Witnesses are not there for their fellow man when tragedy strikes, but that doesn't mean we have to sink to their level.

Well said, thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit