Legend of the Guardians, a movie about friggin owls. Did any of you see this film?

by miseryloveselders 17 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm reading somewhat positive reviews for this film. There's a cynical side of me that I just couldn't supress after watching the trailer. A movie about owls? LOL, are you serious? Any of you go, or take your kids to see it? After seeing that trailer I thought to myself no wonder kids are obese and getting soft.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

As a Kid I was forced to see Benji... ever since I will never watch another Animal movie.

I was 7 and it stuck with me...... who cares a dog is lost... he's Ugly anyhow?????

• elderelite
    elderelite

MLE, i'm disaapointed in you man. I fully intend to take my 9 year old daughter to see it, and i expect that it will be a fairly cute movie. gotta take it for what it is...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah I've heard that it's not very exciting for kids but I think it looks cute and interesting which is makes sense cuz I liked "Happy Feet" a movie about penguins in Antarctica.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I agree with misery, the premise is just goofy/dumb.

But my 6 year old is begging to see it, so I will take her,

and I will be very, very thankful that it's a goofy owl movie instead of " the seven dancing pretty pretty princesses"

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I saw the previews in the theater and decided then that it wasn't for me. I suppose if I was between 4 and 6 years old it would be riveting. I don't know if kids would be that interested in it either. Too much talking. Fly you dirty birds!

• Too Opinionated
    Too Opinionated

This movie is based on a series of 14 or 15 books, and is quite popular. I'm surprised no one here has read them.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah I had the same reaction to the trailer (OWLS????!!!!11!!11!!). But I know I'm not their target audience.

As a Kid I was forced to see Benji... ever since I will never watch another Animal movie.

I guess I lucked out never seeing that.

Hey I was totally into the Secret of NIMH when I was young. Recently I came across it and I was amazed at how familiar every line of dialogue still seemed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Has anyone seen or read "Watership Down"? I loved the book and the movie. Reminded me a little bit of Animal Farm but with rabbits.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I LOVED Watership Down - saw it quite a few times. I also love owls of all kinds, I'm a sucker for any and all animal movies, so when I saw this trailer, I was very intrigued. Now, I must make time to go and see it. If anyone has already seen it, would like to hear your review...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit