Legend of the Guardians, a movie about friggin owls. Did any of you see this film?

by miseryloveselders 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You know, I was just thinking why it seemed lame to have owls and I realized it is because they seemed dumb and I wondered why they seem to be dumb, and then I realized why: The O RLY owl has permanently burned in my brain the image that owls=stupidity.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Update: so I went to see this movie in 3D last night - stunning visuals - (I haven't seen AVATAR, so maybe not as stunning as that film, but beautiful nonetheless).

I would not classify this as a kid's movie. Very apropros parallels to being kidnapped and brainwashed by the Borg, even so far as dividing families, brother against brother (hope I'm not giving too much away). Lots of fighting scenes (more than I would have liked), but all in all, really enjoyable. Then again, I love owls.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How do you get an Owl to Frigg?..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Watership Down is one of my favorite fictional books. I also read another novel by Richard Adams, The Plague Dogs, which was good too. I didn't care so much for the animated version of Watership Down. I might have to watch it again to see if my opinion changes. It's been a while. I also loved Ms. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien. The animated movie based on that book wasn't as good as the book, in my opinon. How many movies ever outdo the books they are based on? As an aside, I thought Robert C. O'Brien's Z for Zachariah was pretty good, although it's been decades since I read it.

Back on topic. Why should it make a difference whether a movie is based on owls? How about fish (Finding Nemo)? Or chickens (Chicken Run)? As long as it has a good story and good production values, why should it matter? I'll probably watch this movie, though not at the theaters, but eventually, and I'll make up my own mind then. I didn't know it was based on a book series, so at least I won't be disappointed based on that aspect.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

The Secret of NIMH and Watership down, great books and Secret of NIMH was one of my favorites as a kid. Love it!

Edit: That owl movies just looks lame, even heard a 7 yr old say, "that looks dumb".

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah! Loved MeetingJunkieNoMore's comment; that was my thought exactly when I saw the previews!! (Haven't seen the movie yet; will wait for it to appear on regular cable...)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Ya know something..........the more I think about it, its fitting that some members on this board would find this film appealing. I mean that was the whole carrot on the stick this religion was offering right? You wanted to, "play wid da manimals" for eternity right?

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I don't see how "playing wid da manimals for eternity" has anything to do with this movie. I enjoy animation. I'm sure a lot of people do. Maybe this movie really does suck. Who knows? I don't really care, but I won't judge it based on opinions of people who haven't even seen it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit