Menlo Park (CA - USA) Kingdom Hall

by Juan Viejo2 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gayle
    Gayle

Those elders, (df'd, if not yet,,certainly in process) are extremely naive. They made this lawsuit against a CO (Kohler) who is only a penniless pawn of the WTS. The WTS has covered all it ownership legally of all KHs. They learned the need after the Bonham TX KH fiasco.

The KH is 'dissolved' in effect for now, they may use "merging." The Hall $$$ to be sent to the WTS. The WTS willl probably send Kohler out of circuit work, back to special pio. far away for awhile till this settles down. The WTS will barely explain/manipulate that "apostasy" set into the congregation so had to be dissolved for now. But the "loving" organization has taken care of it, no need for any one in good standing with the organization to be concerned nor talk about it any longer.

How soon will they rebuild a Hall there? I suspect not soon, unless they get a very strong unquestioning, extremely loyal group of 'trouble-shooters.' How soon does McDonalds rebuild after a shootout, never? (Although, I think there is a new Bonham TX KH.)

Unfortunate. Some must learn the hard way about the true facts of the WTS. This is a low-level concern to the WTS. They are experienced with this sort of thing and know how to clean up this stuff quickly and without conscience. They lose a few members, but don't care, the WTS gets the money, and free-volunteers to build another Hall.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm, as far as I know Jonathan Cobb is not df'd (my mother would have told me) yet.

In my opinion they won't rebuild there. It's a tiny lot but in a very pricey part of San Mateo County. They're gonna sell it for as much as they can get. I wonder why they're trying to do it now. It would have been better for the bottom line if they had sold the hall about 3 years ago.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Gayle,

"They lose a few members, but don't care, the WTS gets the money, and free-volunteers to build another Hall. "

Sadly that is so true. They will throw anyone under the bus to protect their image and pocket book.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Juan Viejo2 - WOW - this stuff is DYNOMITE! Thanks for posting.

I would just love to include a copy of this action with a letter to the 'Society' for possible use in upcoming Questions from Readers segment -'Brothers, is this an isolated incident, or something that happens more frequently? Why would the Menlo Park Congregation sometimes be referred to as the Menlo Park 'Corporation' throughout the action? Under what circumstances would it be permissible for the peaceful, honest, diligent, hardworking individuals otherwise known as Jehovah's Witnesses (p.2) to employ aggressive military-like demeanor not typically seen amongst traveling overseers?'

Really, a copy of this document should be printed up and mailed to each and every congregation with a short memo attached that simply says 'FYI'. I think a few heads would probably clear pretty quick.

THANK YOU AGAIN, Juan Viejo2 for posting this.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mercy on us!

If it had been Menlo Park, NJ (home of Edison's lab), I would have ventured that they received new light.

But, since it's Menlo Park, CA, I don't know what to say.

*shaking head in wonderment at the "spirit-directed" organization*

Syl

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I just wanted to update everyone on what seems to be going on with the Menlo Park Kingdom Hall situation.

On Saturday (Sept. 26th), "kool-aid man" invited me to speak briefly about the situation on SixScreensOfTheWatchtower.com's conference call. I tried to fill in as many of the blanks as possible during the call, but most of those who called in agreed that this seemed to be a replay of Bonham, TX. That Kingdom Hall take over by some disident local Witnesses occurred over 20 years ago and ended up being a long drawn-out legal fight.

On Monday, my contact emailed me and indicated that someone close to the Menlo situation might be willing to talk to me and fill me in on the details. I provided him with all of my contact information, including personal phone numbers. But no one ever emailed or called. I'm not sure if my contact was misinformed - or if the "insider" simply got cold feet. Maybe I'll hear from someone next week.

I also received an semi-anonymous email through my website's contact form sent by someone who had heard just the very end of my part on the SixScreens call. The email was complimentery and the person indicated that they knew some of the individuals involved. The email also stated that the legal filing described the attitude of the new CO perfectly: "My take on the guy," the email stated, "was that he was unloving, unfriendly, and unyielding to anyone he did not know personally. But my limited contact with him does not give me the privilege of judging his real motives. Only Jehovah can do that."

I have done some additional research and it appears that the plan to move the members of the Menlo Park KH over to the Redwood KH has been in the works for some time. Part of it seems to be just a business decision on the part of the Society. There also seems to be a local power-play going on between the elders of the two congregations. There might also be a familial relationship between one of the elders at Redwood with either the CO or DO that is adding to the intrigue.

The pattern seems to be the same as we've seen with other similar KH mergers. The Society (through the Service Department) directs the DO and CO to implement a Kingdom Hall cleanup, paintup and upgrade - get it all shiny and bright - financed in whole or in part by the Society. The Society is either placed on the title or gets a lien against the title of the building if it does not have clear title already. When the time is right, the Society informs the members that their Hall will be sold and they will have to merge with the other Kingdom Hall some miles away. The building is sold, the Society completes the transaction, and puts the profit in the corporation's coffers. Being a "non-profit religious organization," in this country means they can do that with impunity since very few courts will involve themselves in local religious organizational matters, especially if there is no measurable effect on the surrounding community.

The odds are against the Menlo Park brothers who filed this law suit. They will have to prove the intent to commit fraud to be a fact in this case. If it is not a criminal case and only civil, they will be hard pressed to even have the full case heard by a court, simply because they would have to show that someone among them suffered personal financial loss or injury to their reputations.

The interesting thing about the Bonham, Tx case was that most of those involved in the fight against the Society were already having doubts about the truth of the religion and the validity of the Governing Body's power. They continued to meet in the building they took over for a time, but it's not clear what religious message they were teaching or professing. Maybe Randy Watters has more recent information on this case - and maybe Menlo Park as well.

I am planning on publishing a brief synopsis of the court filing and try to get more information about the principles in the case next week. The court papers (already accessible by a link in a previous posting in this thread) will be clearly marked on the site to allow easier access to my readership. Check it out at Ex-JW.com later this week and feel free to comment as you wish.

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

What a bunch of corporate horseshit!! Holy spirit is definitley at work!!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

JamieBowers - any word back from your attorney? I'd love to find out what he thinks.

Mrs. Jones - thank you again for your assistance.

Devil_Fish: YOU HAVE PMS!!!

Anyone else that is close to this story and/or familiar with any of the players, please PM me or contact me through www.ex-jw.com.

I have lots of little snippets of information provided by anonymous tipsters and contacts from several who aren't sure that they can trust me. All I can do is promise to keep identities secret and do my best to provide a balanced and factual story.

A few days ago I got this anonymous message through Ex-JW.com: "Please, please, please write the rest of this story. Do you have any idea what is going on? Families are being split up over this - families that have been going to the same Kingdom Hall for 30 years. We are forced to drive over 25 miles to a newer Kingdom Hall, while our old one just sits vacant a few blocks away. The KH neighbors are upset because the parking lot is collecting trash and weeds and there are several commercial "For Sale" signs posted on the property that shout "vacant!!!" Anything you can do to help get the truth out now? Please, please, please help!"

So, like the anonymous writer, anything you can do to help would be appreciated - even if it's not about Menlo Park, but about any other Kingdom Hall in the same situation. PM me or email me at contact@ex-jw.com. Your email address, name, and personal information will be kept strictly confidential.

JV

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I missed this thread when it first came out. Thanks for posting the info and especially the court documents.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thankyou for your posts on this. Any updates?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit