Menlo Park (CA - USA) Kingdom Hall

by Juan Viejo2 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I've received another email from my anonymous source. He's given me some of the names and some potential resources to check out. I'll see if he is OK with me putting up a graphic of the court filing. Some of you may recognize names from that.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I received an email containing a file. The email was named something along the lines of something legal and JWs. I refuse to open unsolicited emails from strangers containing files, so I deleted it.

• bohm
    bohm

Remember there is wikileaks if you want to put something online with minimal risk for yourself.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Sorry to be uncouth but this organization is sucking in on itself so fast lately you'd thing their balls touched the water! :D

Welcome to the board Timothy Riches . You sound like you will be an interesting poster.

Think About It

• TheTruthAboutTheTruth
    TheTruthAboutTheTruth

Hello and welcome timothy! i do believe you are a facebook friend of mine!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Broken Promises,

Normally I don't much care what other posters have to say in jest, but I was really offended by your sarcastic remark directed toward me. I assume your "humorous little aside" is your way of calling me a "liar" - which I feel is impolite, unfair and undeserved.

As editor of an ex-JW website with a clearly identified email address and a contact form, I get messages almost every day from former brothers and sisters, and/or their family members, looking for help or wanting to tell their personal stories. I do my best to put them in contact with someone that can help them. In some cases I publish their stories on Ex-JW.com.

Occasionally I'll get a tip that something is happening in the background, sometimes at WT HQ or within a local congregation. In most cases, if I jump over here or to JehovahsWitnessRecovery.com, I find that someone has already posted information that covers that tip and confirms it. On the other hand, if I don't get additional confirmation, I hold off publishing anything about it until I can post a request for more information.

The aforementioned tipster is not a JW or ex-JW, but a researcher based in the San Francisco Bay Area. He stumbled across this court filing in the course of doing his research about another aspect of the Watchtower Society. He has not fully identified himself to me, but we have exchanged several emails. In his last email to me he gave me his OK to publish the copy of the court filing he found during his research. In fact he wrote:

"Why would you posting it bother me or my project? its a public document that anyone can get at the courthouse, so post away, i dont know any of these people so therefore there is no reason to black out any names, as i said i was just doing some research is all and came across this . . ."

So in my next posting here, I will try to post a link to a copy of that filing for anyone here who is interested in reading it. It's quite interesting and names most of the people involved. Remember that this filing took place on August 31, 2010, so I suspect very little action has been taken in the case. According to my tipster:

"NO ONE AT THE JW's HEADQUARTERS KNOWS ABOUT THIS AT ALL!!!!! Not even their legal department according to XXXXX, it's as if someone is keeping it hush hush. I mean the date on the filing is August 31, nearly three weeks ago, and if the legal department does not know about this, that means maybe, someone is intentionally not telling them. But then that would make sense cause the service desk is one of the departments being sued and they control all incoming mail and phone calls . . ."

While I don't really expect it, I would appreciate an apology, "Broken Promises," just this once. Maybe I'll give you a pass in the future if I fail to backup my claims. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but I think this is a subject that many forum members might be interested in, it's current

Watch for the link with the filing papers - coming soon...

JV (aka ExJWdotCommie)

• Juan Viejo2
  • Gayle
    Gayle

The documents lay out a complaint against a "branch manager," "a newly appointed district manager,"

On the one hand, the complaint says that the WT Society is trying to force them to remodel the Kingdom Hall against their wishes.

Does this mean a district overseer? Any lawsuit against a DO would or should be automatically be reported to the WTS or WT Lawyers, true? How would the WTS not know about this?

I am very interested in this, Juan, and I appreciate your undates.

• moshe
    moshe

well, this was a just rogue CO who had a personal scheme to get a few brothers/elders at the Menlo Park-KH or, it happens all the time to gain control of valuable KH property. They should have appealed to the F&DS class! They know all, see all and have a direct line to almighty Jehoobah. Imagine these elders using Caesar in an attempt regain control of their KH, that surely can't help their case at WT offices- why filing a lawsuit against the CO and unnamed persons at Patterson WT offices, must certainly fall under, BRAZEN CONDUCT, and we know what that new no-no will get you from the GB- the 'ol--

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't have a legal background, but if I correctly understand what I've read, it looks like an unidentified person at the service desk of the branch, a district overseer and some elders from the Redwood Congregation are being sued. Two of the elders at the Menlo Congregation seem to think that their kingdom hall is being taken over to remodel and sell. They also seem to think that the conspiracy goes up to the service desk but no further.

I tend to think that this is either the Society's doing directly, and they're hiding behind the service desk attendant, or this is the Society's doing indirectly, and they set the service desk attendant up to be the patsy if the scheme went to hell.

I'm going to email the file to an exjw who is an attorney and see what he has to say about this matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit