How does your congregation feel about the new song book?

by stuckinamovement 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Needs the music but.....

"Losing My Religion"

Life is bigger
    It's bigger than you
    And you are not me
    The lengths that I will go to
    The distance in your eyes
    Oh no I've said too much
    I set it up

That's me in the corner
    That's me in the spotlight
    Losing my religion
    Trying to keep up with you
    And I don't know if I can do it
    Oh no I've said too much
    I haven't said enough
    I thought that I heard you laughing
    I thought that I heard you sing
    I think I thought I saw you try

Every whisper
    Of every waking hour I'm
    Choosing my confessions
    Trying to keep an eye on you
    Like a hurt lost and blinded fool
    Oh no I've said too much
    I set it up

Consider this
    The hint of the century
    Consider this
    The slip that brought me
    To my knees failed
    What if all these fantasies
    Come flailing around
    Now I've said too much
    I thought that I heard you laughing
    I thought that I heard you sing
    I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream
    That was just a dream

• metatron
    metatron

Truly awful.

Nobody will say anything outright but the singing is pathetic and weak. These songs are pedantic, plodding, drained of dynamism and sound like dumbed down 1st year piano practise.

Is the Governing Body completely surrounded with lying sycophants? Wasn't there a single person who warned them, "this sounds like sh*t"?

I can only rejoice that, once again, these incompetents have shot themselves in the foot.

metatron

• fresia
    fresia
    Undercover said :Here's an idea...
    Now that they have the Book Study night free, they should assign that "Singing Praises to Jehovah" night... aka in the real world as "choir practice"...except for dubbies, it's required of all members, not just the talented ones. Every Tuesday (or whatever night the BS was on) everyone goes to the hall and practices the songs.

Ha Ha, there would be a mass exodus and they would have more apostates than they could ever image. Time is a huge problem for most JW's, poor things.

• Quando
    Quando

I am going on 2 months of no meetings and before that go just enough to keep my head above water for the family and friends but last time I went the singing was quiet and stumbling and just an air of akwardness throughout the hall.

Speaking of my hall we recently went through a remodel and they removed about 25 chairs so now the place looks full of people, we recently split congregations and since the split (which was a big ordeal) many have exited so instead of having 75 in each congregation they are only averaging 60.

• Quando
    Quando

Here is my request for a new song to play at the hall I hope I link it up OK I am guessing here how to do it!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BTQQtTU-paU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BTQQtTU-paU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Quando
    Quando

Ok.. that did not work let me try this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTQQtTU-paU

Let's see

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I go to an ASL congregation so I don't get the privilege of hearing the new songs sung but those pictures the WTS puts out of all the "brothers" and "sisters" signing in perfect unison is way off. Everyone is craning their neck to see the video and copying the signs, a few seconds behind the video and each other.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

If they are that good, necessary and important part of so called worship - why not have a YouTube of the GB singing the new songs? Afterall they are taking the lead.... oh, sorry, I forgot, they don't even go out in FS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit