No Spiritual Heritage

by serenitynow! 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Off topic, Coffeehouse Girl,

Like your avatar, Vermeers painting Girl With a Pearl Earring!!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good thread. I feel the same way.

As the others have said, you have to start your own traditions. It sucks to lose your heritage, but I then remind myself to be grateful that I am no longer enslaved by that corrupt organisation.

I make a point of sending Xmas cards. It’s a small thing, but I enjoy sending cards to people. And I enjoy receiving them even more!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Quick hi, haven't been on jw.net in years and thought I'd see how everyone is doing. I guess I have a bit of a soft spot for people here, not really any reason why even though I used to be in but I suppose it probably has something to do with the whole journey to freedom. Anyway, I'm really happy to be here.

As far as the topic goes, first of all great screen name Serenity Now! And of course that along with this subject reminds me of Festivus for the Rest of Us! But seriously, I have to think a little bit about the whole idea of heritage since I kind of don't identify with the idea anymore, also not being a family man, but I guess it has to do with a sense of belonging right? Like home. But as they say, home is where the heart is - and I look at people on this forum, and the people who have gone through all this and I see a LOT of heart. And that's what's important. Sure you may still have those thoughts floating around in your head sometimes, but we're not talking about just open mind but open heart.

For some reason I'm reminded of Don't Stop Believin by Journey here. Not that it's about beliefs and ideas like the ones that was instilled as JWs, there's not much heart there. I guess in a sense believing in the heart itself. And I believe in all of you.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

I sometimes play the Kingdom Melodies in my home. They bring back fond memories of my children playing at the KH, volunteering with friends in my youth and my husband and I in our youth. I'm not a Witness but I still hold to the basic beliefs of the Bible and that Jesus did not teach a Trinity. Maybe that's why the songs do not bring as many negative feelings for me as they do for others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit